The Student Room Group

Considering becoming vegan/vegetarian

Firstly, and this is the biggest reason. It will make me 'cool' and 'hip'.

Secondly, I'm really into health + fitness anyway. Normally I'm not convinced by people to try certain 'health' things unless they show me evidence for it. Most of the vegetarian videos I've seen have been full of BS and not articulate at all, but now that I've been watching this guy Mic the vegan I am convinced. I'm all about being healthy and living longer lol.

Spoiler

Only problem is I'm into bodybuilding so I'm going to have to find out if it's viable or not. I don't even like eating meat anyway and I generally get most of my protein from protein shakes because I find eating masses of meat a massive chore.

Saving animals is also a plus.

@Corbynista thanks for linking that guys channel lol. Really informative videos.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Vegetarian/Vegan sounds alright until you realise that you essentially have to castrate yourself to be one
Reply 2
Look up Jon Venus and MuscleNMind on YT, they're both great vegan bodybuilders

I'm sure you'll notice the change with your body and health once you do make the transition.

Good luck, it honestly isn't difficult, or even remotely hard to be a vegan.
My girlfriend and I went vegetarian at the very beginning of the year - haven't look back, loving it. We've very recently also stopped drinking cows milk, going instead for soya or almond - again, no issues so far at all.

She is part of an Olympic Weightlifting club at university and doesn't struggle at all with proteins; the biggest myth is that vegetarians and vegans have to take a tonne of supplements to make up for not eating meat - total BS.
Original post by ChickenMadness

Secondly, I'm really into health + fitness anyway. Normally I'm not convinced by people to try certain 'health' things unless they show me evidence for it. Most of the vegetarian videos I've seen have been full of BS and not articulate at all, but now that I've been watching this guy Mic the vegan I am convinced. I'm all about being healthy and living longer lol.

Spoiler

Only problem is I'm into bodybuilding so I'm going to have to find out if it's viable or not. I don't even like eating meat anyway and I generally get most of my protein from protein shakes because I find eating masses of meat a massive chore.

@Corbynista thanks for linking that guys channel lol. Really informative videos.

I too am considering becoming vegetarian.

Not for to make me seem 'hip' nor 'cool', but merely for the health benefits.

When I was a very young teenager I 'became' a vegetarian for three years - it was not 'health-based' but a rebellious 'push' against my parents. This time however, I am purely considering it for health benefits and a longer life.

How is it going for you?
Reply 5
Original post by JamesH2017

When I was a very young teenager I 'became' a vegetarian for three years - it was not 'health-based' but a rebellious 'push' against my parents. This time however, I am purely considering it for health benefits and a longer life.

How is it going for you?

I tried it for a bit but I didn't really liked it. Felt like I was sort of hungry / weaker. Even though I ate loads lol.
I tried it for a bit but I didn't really liked it. Felt like I was sort of hungry / weaker. Even though I ate loads lol.

Does that mean you are going to eat some cooked animal flesh soon then? Lol
Ew. Vegetarianism is a huge no. Think of all the steak and chicken wings that will mourn you. :eek: Veganism is a bigger no. All those cups of tea ruined. Good god. What's the point of life if not meat and tea.
Original post by rtfvghbj
Ugh **** off you stinking b itch. Vegetarism is a big no? What about those that care and are against the torturing of animals? What about those that want to be healthy and live longer? What about those that don't want to follow a lifestyle just because its the norm? What about those who don't want to be a mentally challenged dribbling wench like you?

I seriously hope someone slaps you hard.

Shut up and eat a chicken wing you silly goose
Reply 9
Original post by Galahad_
Shut up and eat a chicken wing you silly goose

Eat s hit and die you drunken tart.
Eat s hit and die you drunken tart.

Way ahead of ya, bud.
Ugh **** off you stinking b itch. Vegetarism is a big no? What about those that care and are against the torturing of animals? What about those that want to be healthy and live longer? What about those that don't want to follow a lifestyle just because its the norm? What about those who don't want to be a mentally challenged dribbling wench like you?

I seriously hope someone slaps you hard.

And I hope someone shoves a raw steak up your arse. :yy:
Bet you've had plenty of the local steak stuck up your arse you local skank.

The only thing wrong there is your assumption that it's local.
There are definitely vegetarian and vegan bodybuilders, but you must make sure to eat balanced meals, don't rush into the change, do it gradually-give your body a chance to update. Avoid soy protein if possible-focus on other vegetarians sources of protein. Most of all, don't do it to fit in or seem or be cool-make the focus for your health, otherwise, I fear any change you make may be temporary-because once that "cool factor" wears off, it will be tough to stay discipline and stick to it, UNLESS there is that commitment there to do it for the right reasons for yourself, long term. I pray you will be blessed in your journey.(I did it all at once, which is why I KNOW that is NOT the right way to do it-as an athlete, it was a shock to my system...gradual and steady, eliminate, for example, beef, pork, stick to chicken, turkey, fish-mainly fish, then eliminate from there, gradually.)

Spoiler

You are definitely on the right path, in terms of doing it in pursuit of greater health! :smile:

Original post by JamesH2017

How is it going for you?

How long did you try for and what kind of things were you eating?
Reply 16
lmao **** dat kebabs taste way too good. Plus easier and more efficient source of protein

Spoiler

OP I found u a new avi

ayyy

not srs
Original post by luq_ali
You are definitely on the right path, in terms of doing it in pursuit of greater health! :smile:

Thank you.
Reply 19
you can't be a vegetarian and have a name like @ChickenMadness

gotta go change that to TofuMadness

Quick Reply

Latest