The Student Room Group

can you put modual grades on your CV for your A levels or not

^^^title
Original post by steve98
^^^title

Yes if you wish, but ask yourself whether its relevant and the person on the other end will wish to know.
Seems a bit overkill, but if you think it will help sell yourself then I don’t see why not
Reply 3
Original post by steve98
^^^title

Most employers are more interested in your potential to do the job at hand, not A-levels. Unless the A-level is specifically and directly relevant to the job.
Original post by steve98
^^^title

Not unless the employer is asking for them. might be relevant for an academic application, to a scholarship or similar, but I can't think of any employer that would care.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Yes if you wish, but ask yourself whether its relevant and the person on the other end will wish to know.

i am really not sure whether it would just be a waste of time or not as i know some employers will ask to have certain A levels results
Reply 6
Original post by PoliticsandP
Seems a bit overkill, but if you think it will help sell yourself then I don’t see why not

Yeah i was thinking it may be a waste of time but then im not really sure as surely it would strongly work in your favour if you had great A levels
Reply 7
Original post by Doonesbury
Most employers are more interested in your potential to do the job at hand, not A-levels. Unless the A-level is specifically and directly relevant to the job.

If the employer wanted certain A level results then surely it would strongly work in your favour wouldnt it correct me if i am wrong its just what ive seen ontbe TSR and what ive been told but i wasnt to sure about
Reply 8
Original post by threeportdrift
Not unless the employer is asking for them. might be relevant for an academic application, to a scholarship or similar, but I can't think of any employer that would care.

dont certain employers ask for a strong academic profile which would suggest A levels so wouldnt that work strongly in your favour then or not ?
Original post by steve98
dont certain employers ask for a strong academic profile which would suggest A levels so wouldnt that work strongly in your favour then or not ?

not to the detail of A level modules. A strong academic profile is sufficiently demonstrated by the final A level grade. They aren't even bothered if AS grades are available. Unless a hiring manager actually has a teenager aged 16-18 or hangs about on TSR, they won't have a clue about A level modules.

A strong academic profile is demonstrated by a double figure number of GCSEs with a number of A*/As, A*/A with perhaps the odd irrelevant B at A level (40 points or more at IB) and a degree at 2.1 or above from a University with a strong reputation in that business sector.
Reply 10
Original post by threeportdrift
not to the detail of A level modules. A strong academic profile is sufficiently demonstrated by the final A level grade. They aren't even bothered if AS grades are available. Unless a hiring manager actually has a teenager aged 16-18 or hangs about on TSR, they won't have a clue about A level modules.

A strong academic profile is demonstrated by a double figure number of GCSEs with a number of A*/As, A*/A with perhaps the odd irrelevant B at A level (40 points or more at IB) and a degree at 2.1 or above from a University with a strong reputation in that business sector.

ohhh i see i didnt realise that this was the case as i thought A level modules on a CV would make a difference but i wont put them on if its just not going to make a difference
and would leaving of AS levels always be the case even if one has archieved AAB
Original post by steve98
ohhh i see i didnt realise that this was the case as i thought A level modules on a CV would make a difference but i wont put them on if its just not going to make a difference
and would leaving of AS levels always be the case even if one has archieved AAB

AS level grades are always irrelevant unless it's the final grade and you didn;t take it on to a full A level. No employer ever cares about an intermediate AS level that is taken on to A level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending