The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

I've had my acknowledgement email from Surrey, Cambridge and RVC, but no WE form from Surrey and no acknowledgement email from Bristol. My school sent my application yesterday, should I be worrying as much as I am? :eek:
Original post by mairossanna
I've had my acknowledgement email from Surrey, Cambridge and RVC, but no WE form from Surrey and no acknowledgement email from Bristol. My school sent my application yesterday, should I be worrying as much as I am? :eek:

It can often take a while for unis to process and respond to applications - particularly at the busy time of very close to the deadline!

Also which college at Cambridge did you apply to??
Original post by alexriversxx
You are all probably not as stupid as me but remember to check each uni's work experience requirements! Didn't check liverpool's correctly and realised I needed two placements at different vet clinics within three years of applying, I have two weeks at one practice but just missed to three year mark with my other placement :frown: not sure what to do now. Any advice?

The deadline for uploading the Liverpool work experience form is the 20th so I don't know if it's possible but do you think you could go round vet practices, explain the situation and ask if it's possible to do 40 hours work experience before the 20th? Or ask to do 20 hours at one vet practice and 20 hours at another? I know it's a long shot but you never know. Good luck

Also, if you've sent your UCAS application within 7 days I think there's an option to swap your choices with another & if it's been longer than 7 days u could possibly phone up UCAS to swap Liverpool to another uni who's entry requirements u meet? I don't know much about this tho, just vaguely remember reading about it in a UCAS email.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 623
Original post by mairossanna

How have you applied to 5 unis?
There are only 4 individual unis mentioned, Surrey is mentioned twice :smile:

Original post by DOM26
How have you applied to 5 unis?
Is Surrey uni work experience form emailed like Notts or on the website?
Reply 626
Original post by animalmagic
There are only 4 individual unis mentioned, Surrey is mentioned twice :smile:

Oh haha my bad
Reply 627
Original post by VictiniCup
Is Surrey uni work experience form emailed like Notts or on the website?

Its emailed to you
Original post by DOM26
Its emailed to you

Regarding Surrey: Has it been emailed to you? I haven't had mine yet and thought you only had to upload evidence (references) onto the Surrey portal?
Thanks sent my ucas off yesterday, so was just wondering.
Original post by DOM26
Its emailed to you
Also, is liverpools work experience form on the website?
Reply 631
Original post by maca_17
Regarding Surrey: Has it been emailed to you? I haven't had mine yet and thought you only had to upload evidence (references) onto the Surrey portal?

No I've only just sent my application off lol. On their admissions statement its says theres a questionnaire.
Reply 632
Original post by VictiniCup
Also, is liverpools work experience form on the website?

yeah its on there
Original post by DOM26
No I've only just sent my application off lol. On their admissions statement its says theres a questionnaire.

Okay thanks. So it's like Bristol, they send them after the initial shortlisting. 👍
Reply 634
Original post by maca_17
Okay thanks. So it's like Bristol, they send them after the initial shortlisting. 👍

Yass
Yeah, went to Surrey open day today and apparently the questionnaires will be sent on Tuesday.
My school sent my application off at 4pm on Friday. This morning at 10am I received an email from Surrey with my details for Surrey Self-service. The email says that I can activate my account after 24 hours of them having received my application. Does the email from surrey count as the acknowledgment or is it the time my school sent off my application. I've tried to login but it says that my details cant be found. Has anyone else setup there surrey self-service yet?
Original post by idree5
My school sent my application off at 4pm on Friday. This morning at 10am I received an email from Surrey with my details for Surrey Self-service. The email says that I can activate my account after 24 hours of them having received my application. Does the email from surrey count as the acknowledgment or is it the time my school sent off my application. I've tried to login but it says that my details cant be found. Has anyone else setup there surrey self-service yet?

Yeah, it was really straight forward. You need to have it done by tomorrow in order to upload all your references to the self-service - they made that clear at the talk today.
Original post by brrrigid
Yeah, it was really straight forward. You need to have it done by tomorrow in order to upload all your references to the self-service - they made that clear at the talk today.

The references deadline for surrey is supposed to be the 1st of November? Are you sure it has to be done by today?
I've had a reply from Cambridge, Notts and Bristol (although Bristol haven't sent me anything WES wise yet) however I haven't even had one email from Edinburgh yet. I've filled out their WES on their website but not had a confirmation although I did only do this last night, should I be concerned? I sent off my application a week ago on Friday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending