The Student Room Group

UCAS wrong first name??

My first name has two parts to it, so for example like Sarah Jane (not my real name) , but there's no hyphen in between. I got an email from the unis I applied to saying "Thank you Sarah for..." etc. I'm worried that UCAS has assumed that Sarah is my first name and Jane is my middle name, when Sarah Jane as a whole is my first name and I don't have a middle name. I'm applying for medicine so I'm scared that it might mess up my ukcat being sent to unis or something. Is this something I should be worried about and if so how should I fix it???
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by melonsoda
My first name has two parts to it, so for example like Sarah Jane (not my real name) , but there's no hyphen in between. I got an email from the unis I applied to saying "Thank you Sarah for..." etc. I'm worried that UCAS has assumed that Sarah is my first name and Jane is my middle name, when Sarah Jane as a whole is my first name and I don't have a middle name. Is this something I should be worried about and if so how should I fix it???

If it’s not hyphenated is it really all first name
Also UCAS asks for first names, as in first and middle, so no hyphen = not all first name.
It’s nothing to be worried about, just say you prefer being called Sarah Jane to Sarah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending