The Student Room Group
Original post by arahman5166
Hi there, apparently in yr 11 there's a thing called study leave. Will someone tell me what it is, how long it's for and why it's there. Thanks.

When you are allowed to stay at home with a view to studying there instead of at school.
It usually lasts a couple of weeks, there are no classes and you are not expected to go to school. You are supposed to use the time to revise at home for upcoming exams.
Original post by arahman5166
Hi there, apparently in yr 11 there's a thing called study leave. Will someone tell me what it is, how long it's for and why it's there. Thanks.

Hi,
Study Leave varies depending on your school, but basically it's a period of time before important exams (GCSEs, A levels) that allow you to stay at home and revise rather than going to school. So basically you only come into school to take the exams.
How long it's for depends on your school. Some schools don't offer it at all. My school offered a week study leave before the first exam and then up to the end of all my exams.
It's there to allow you to revise in the comfort of your own home, in the hope that you will be able to concentrate better that way.
Hope this helps x
Original post by Queenie123
Hi,
Study Leave varies depending on your school, but basically it's a period of time before important exams (GCSEs, A levels) that allow you to stay at home and revise rather than going to school. So basically you only come into school to take the exams.
How long it's for depends on your school. Some schools don't offer it at all. My school offered a week study leave before the first exam and then up to the end of all my exams.
It's there to allow you to revise in the comfort of your own home, in the hope that you will be able to concentrate better that way.
Hope this helps x

Thanks. Helped a lot. :smile:
Reply 5
its really tiny tho

Latest