The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Heardmanator
(although Bristol haven't sent me anything WES wise yet)

You'll get an email once they have processed your application - which could take a few weeks.
Thank you! Is Edinburgh the same?
I know someone who applied to Edinburgh who got an immediate confirmation and someone else who hasn't heard. Have you checked your spam folder?

Thank you! Is Edinburgh the same?
Original post by maca_17
The references deadline for surrey is supposed to be the 1st of November? Are you sure it has to be done by today?

I'm talking about the self service itself - they made it sound like after today it won't be possible to activate it, but I could have misunderstood.
Original post by animalmagic
I know someone who applied to Edinburgh who got an immediate confirmation and someone else who hasn't heard. Have you checked your spam folder?

Yeah I’ve checked it pretty much every day since I applied just incase. Wasn’t sure if it was because I only submitted my WES last night.
I think the Edinburgh WEX form has to be completed and uploaded to their email portal, and I don't think you can access the portal and upload it without the login which is emailed to you? Their deadline for that is 22nd though so you have time to do that. If Edinburgh is showing on your track and you have had acknowledgements from other universities then I don't think you need to worry re the 6pm deadline today. I would be tempted to contact Edinburgh on Monday though?

Have you also applied to Glasgow?

Yeah I’ve checked it pretty much every day since I applied just incase. Wasn’t sure if it was because I only submitted my WES last night.
Original post by animalmagic
I think the Edinburgh WEX form has to be completed and uploaded to their email portal, and I don't think you can access the portal and upload it without the login which is emailed to you? Their deadline for that is 22nd though so you have time to do that. If Edinburgh is showing on your track and you have had acknowledgements from other universities then I don't think you need to worry re the 6pm deadline today. I would be tempted to contact Edinburgh on Monday though?

Have you also applied to Glasgow?

Thanks! No I haven’t applied to Glasgow, just Notts, Cambridge, Bristol and Edinburgh
Original post by brrrigid
I'm talking about the self service itself - they made it sound like after today it won't be possible to activate it, but I could have misunderstood.

Ah okay thanks. Sorry!
Thanks! No I haven’t applied to Glasgow, just Notts, Cambridge, Bristol and Edinburgh

Which Cambridge college?!?!?
My application got sent off a couple of weeks ago.

I have applied to Bristol, Cambridge (Fitzwilliam), Liverpool and Nottingham.

I have completed the Bristol questionnaire, Cambridge SAQ, Liverpool WEQ and the first Nottingham questionnaire.
Next Tuesday, the remaining Nottingham Questionnaire and SJT go live and after that I will have done everything! It will just be the long wait for interviews!

Does anyone know roughly when the universities that I have applied to normally send out interviews (apart from Bristol which no longer requires an interview).

Thank you and good luck to everyone!!
I believe Liverpool are between 27th November and 8th December and Nottingham are during January and February.

Original post by Anderson2727

I have completed the Bristol questionnaire, Cambridge SAQ, Liverpool WEQ and the first Nottingham questionnaire.
Next Tuesday, the remaining Nottingham Questionnaire and SJT go live and after that I will have done everything! It will just be the long wait for interviews!

Does anyone know roughly when the universities that I have applied to normally send out interviews (apart from Bristol which no longer requires an interview).

How long after you applied did Bristol send you the questionnaire?
Obviously Bristol isn't interviewing but Nottingham said interviews would be between January and February.
Original post by maca_17
Regarding Surrey: Has it been emailed to you? I haven't had mine yet and thought you only had to upload evidence (references) onto the Surrey portal?

Okay I just read through everything and basically they do a preliminary check on all applicants and send you a work experience form to fill in if you pass this check. Make sure to upload your references to the portal though!
I’ve applied to Fitzwilliam too! 😂😂

Which Cambridge college?!?!?
Original post by J.French
Does anyone know how many people Nottingham are interviewing this year?. Last year it was around 1,000 and they started at the beginning of November. I wondered whether they had changed the format this year.

They just said they would be interviewing from January to February.
I’ve applied to Fitzwilliam too! 😂😂

Awesome! 😂
Haven't received anything for Nottingham uni yet, should I be worried? Concerned since the deadline is tonight. Can't access the surrey portal till
tomorrow
Original post by VictiniCup
Haven't received anything for Nottingham uni yet, should I be worried? Concerned since the deadline is tonight. Can't access the surrey portal till
tomorrow

Have you had anything from any of the other unis? If so, don't stress about not having heard from one of them - they'll all have got your application!
Original post by bristolvet94
Have you had anything from any of the other unis? If so, don't stress about not having heard from one of them - they'll all have got your application!

Just heard from surrey. Hoping to hear what happens on monday from all unis.
I've applied to Bristol, Surrey and RVC for Veterinary Medicine. I've also applied to Southampton and Royal Holloway for Biology.
I've been sent the Bristol WEPAPA form, but haven't completed it yet. I have uploaded all my references to Surrey but haven't heard anything else from them. RVC emailed me telling me I'll hear about interviews shortly and that I had to tell them if there were any dates in Decemebr I couldn't do.
Haven't heard from Royal Holloway but have had an offer from Southampton (AAB).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending