The Student Room Group

Newcastle 2018 Dentistry Applicants

Hey all! 🙂 no page made yet so decided to make one! What are everyone’s stats for their GCSE’s and UKCAT? 😁

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lk99
Hey all! 🙂 no page made yet so decided to make one! What are everyone’s stats for their GCSE’s and UKCAT? 😁

Hey I’ve applied to Newcastle!!
Gcse : 4A* 5A
Ukcat: 737 band 1

Newcastle shortlist and rank applicants by the ukcat score right?
Reply 2
Original post by tiger_manpower
Hey I’ve applied to Newcastle!!
Gcse : 4A* 5A
Ukcat: 737 band 1

Newcastle shortlist and rank applicants by the ukcat score right?

Yes it’s advantageous to have a high UKCAT score as there is a cut off each year and it varies depending on the scores of the applicants and applicant numbers! Also, predicted grades, GCSE’s and personal statement are taken into account! :smile:
Original post by lk99
Yes it’s advantageous to have a high UKCAT score as there is a cut off each year and it varies depending on the scores of the applicants and applicant numbers! Also, predicted grades, GCSE’s and personal statement are taken into account! :smile:

CAn I ask what kind of work experience u done and what voulenteering and extra curricular u did?
Reply 4
Original post by tiger_manpower
CAn I ask what kind of work experience u done and what voulenteering and extra curricular u did?

I have done WE in Dentists and Orthodontists for more than 2 weeks! Also, I have done volunteering for many years in a youth centre and now a charity shop - achieving awards for my work! Extra curricular includes DoFE (B,S and currently G), music, jujitsu, I also have had a part time job!
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi!
I am an international applicant with 89% in my tenth grade , and predicted A*AA, however my UKCAT is low (2720, 680 avg)
Is it that the cutoff for intl applicants is slightly lower? Looking at the stats of current students makes me feel I don’t stand a chance , I reallllly want to get in!
Reply 6
Original post by Arzooshaikh
Hi!
I am an international applicant with 89% in my tenth grade , and predicted A*AA, however my UKCAT is low (2720, 680 avg)
Is it that the cutoff for intl applicants is slightly lower? Looking at the stats of current students makes me feel I don’t stand a chance , I reallllly want to get in!

Hey! I am from the UK so not sure if the UKCAT score varies but admissions are so helpful if you phoned them as I did or by email I’m sure they will be as helpful! The UKCAT cut off has varied in the last few years being 643.3 average last year to as low as 590 average but it has been higher than last years average before!
Original post by lk99
Hey! I am from the UK so not sure if the UKCAT score varies but admissions are so helpful if you phoned them as I did or by email I’m sure they will be as helpful! The UKCAT cut off has varied in the last few years being 643.3 average last year to as low as 590 average but it has been higher than last years average before!

Whoa what! I have consistently been seeing cutoffs like 700, 707, etc! So you mean to say I’m well above the cutoff? Ok that’s a surprise! 😂
Reply 8
Original post by Arzooshaikh
Whoa what! I have consistently been seeing cutoffs like 700, 707, etc! So you mean to say I’m well above the cutoff? Ok that’s a surprise! 😂

Yes😀 - although each year they won’t know the cut-off until they have received all applications and take each applicants details into account to ensure they have matched all the criteria!! Were you perhaps looking at forums for Medicine? The UKCAT cut off score for Medicine is significantly higher!! Glad I’m not applying for it! 😂😂 good luck with everything! Where else have you applied? 😁
Original post by lk99
Yes😀 - although each year they won’t know the cut-off until they have received all applications and take each applicants details into account to ensure they have matched all the criteria!! Were you perhaps looking at forums for Medicine? The UKCAT cut off score for Medicine is significantly higher!! Glad I’m not applying for it! 😂😂 good luck with everything! Where else have you applied? 😁

Yes! There are hardly any active dentistry threads on TSR, which is kinda sad anyway I’m applying to Kings, Newcastle, Bristol and Sheffield ! This UKCAT news gives me hope, at least I should get an offer from 1 uni if that’s the case

Goood luck with your application!
A Levels (predicted): A*A*A(b) + A in EPQ
GCSEs: 7 A* 2 A
UKCAT: 670 Band 2

Kind of regret applying to Newcastle now just in case the cut off goes up a lot! But I loved the open day so worth the risk I think :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Hey guys! Theres a Whatsapp Chat for dental applicants for 2018 , PM me if you're interested to get added!
Reply 12
Original post by Revisionguide101
Hey guys! Theres a Whatsapp Chat for dental applicants for 2018 , PM me if you're interested to get added!

No
Reply 13
Original post by lk99

This is so moist
Reply 14
Original post by Milts
This is so moist

Milton thought you weren’t talking to me eh???
Reply 15
Original post by lk99
Milton thought you weren’t talking to me eh???

Bomboclarttttt lmaoo
This thread may be a bit dead, but does anyone else have a Newcastle panel interview next week? And has anyone been able to dig up any info online pertaining to the Newcastle interview process? I've found nothing.
Mainly it is a chat based around your personal statement. Take food and drink as last yer you didn't know if you were first or last to be interviewed. And don't worry everyone said they were really friendly!
Reply 18
Phoned Newcastle today they are still interviewing as they had to reschedule some due to the weather. We won’t hear back until closer to Eater ☹️
Anyone know if there's a groupchat for newcastle applicants?

Quick Reply

Latest