The Student Room Group

Would writing a blog increase my chances of getting into a top uni (eg oxford)?

I am in year 12 and was wondering whether i was to maybe write a blog and include it in my personal statement, in a topic that is related to my degree, increase my chances of getting an admission. For example a blog around mental health etc.

I am looking to do some sort of either psychology related degree at Oxbridge such as Experimental Psychology(Oxford) or Psychological and Behavioural Sciences(Cambridge). Also the thought of an English Literature degree would seem ideal.

Also any other tips in increasing my chances would be appreciated?
Original post by VVDOOMVV
I am in year 12 and was wondering whether i was to maybe write a blog and include it in my personal statement, in a topic that is related to my degree, increase my chances of getting an admission. For example a blog around mental health etc.

I am looking to do some sort of either psychology related degree at Oxbridge such as Experimental Psychology(Oxford) or Psychological and Behavioural Sciences(Cambridge). Also the thought of an English Literature degree would seem ideal.

It does show engagement with your subject, but whether they would read it is another matter.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
It does show engagement with your subject, but whether they would read it is another matter.

what about me involving it in my ucas application, to at least inform them.

If you want to write a blog then go for it, it might benefit you in other ways than just your application.:smile:

If so it's best to talk in your personal statement about what you have learned from writing it and what you are now curious about as a result.

There are much more convenient ways to demonstrate interest but there's no harm is doing this as far as I can see. Make sure as much as possible in your PS is related to the course though.

MR
(edited 6 years ago)
what about me involving it in my ucas application, to at least inform them.

As above.
i am sure that it would help. a lot of mental health services will be increasingly reliant on the internet in future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending