The Student Room Group

Switching unis after foundation year?

So, I'm currently studying business with a foundation year. I'm studying this because the course advisor for the uni I'm on said that I could do the foundation year, then switch onto the law course that they have at this uni.

I've had a long think, and I'd like to get into criminology. It suits what I'd like to do better and I'd love to study it. I would like to switch universities though - go to University of Westminster, or LSBU.

I don't have traditional qualifications. My current highest is a BTEC in Art. So, if I do well enough on this year, would I have a chance of getting into one of these unis? I don't know if I get a qualification for finishing the foundation year, or even what it'd count as in UCAS points.

I hope this makes sense. :colondollar:
Original post by Galahad_
So, I'm currently studying business with a foundation year. I'm studying this because the course advisor for the uni I'm on said that I could do the foundation year, then switch onto the law course that they have at this uni.

I've had a long think, and I'd like to get into criminology. It suits what I'd like to do better and I'd love to study it. I would like to switch universities though - go to University of Westminster, or LSBU.

I don't have traditional qualifications. My current highest is a BTEC in Art. So, if I do well enough on this year, would I have a chance of getting into one of these unis? I don't know if I get a qualification for finishing the foundation year, or even what it'd count as in UCAS points.

I hope this makes sense. :colondollar:
Hiya:hi:

Thanks for coming to :tsr2:

I've popped your thread into this sub-forum so that you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.:wink:
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Hiya:hi:

Thanks for coming to :tsr2:

I've popped your thread into this sub-forum so that you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.:wink:

I wanted to switch unis this year but I was told that they didn't accept applicants for other unis. So really I'd have to apply for 1st year all over again. I would email them and see what they say, or better still, phone them.
Original post by mlt5
I wanted to switch unis this year but I was told that they didn't accept applicants for other unis. So really I'd have to apply for 1st year all over again. I would email them and see what they say, or better still, phone them.
:sadnod: Different universities will have different policies. Never any harm in contacting though.:nah:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending