The Student Room Group

My road to Med School

Second year of A level is underway. I currently have an BMAT exam booked for 02/11 and am learning how to write essays because i am awful.....

My mock results from summer were:
A* Biology
A (AS Maths)
B Chemistry

Obviously i want to improve my B as i wont be going anywhere near to medical school on a B.
I will keep you all posted on my BMAT, my application to med school(interviews etc) and my regular revision to ensure i get the very best grades possible!!!!

Cya tommorow,
Matt

Date:15/10
Reply 1
Where have you applied to?
Reply 2
Original post by rhegggg
Where have you applied to?

Hello,
I have applied to;
Leeds,
Brighton & Sussex
Imperial
And Hull York
Reply 3
Original post by MattDr13
Second year of A level is underway. I currently have an BMAT exam booked for 02/11 and am learning how to write essays because i am awful.....

My mock results from summer were:
A* Biology
A (AS Maths)
B Chemistry

Obviously i want to improve my B as i wont be going anywhere near to medical school on a B.
I will keep you all posted on my BMAT, my application to med school(interviews etc) and my regular revision to ensure i get the very best grades possible!!!!

Cya tommorow,
Matt

Date:15/10

I had the same problem with essays (I'm absolutely horrendous at writing) so I just decided to forgo the BMAT, what made you decide to apply to BMAT unis instead of UKCAT ones?
(I also have a GYG if you want check it out https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5002710&p=74142046#post74142046)
Reply 4
Original post by tthripps
I had the same problem with essays (I'm absolutely horrendous at writing) so I just decided to forgo the BMAT, what made you decide to apply to BMAT unis instead of UKCAT ones?
(I also have a GYG if you want check it out https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5002710&p=74142046#post74142046)

I will check your GYG out, the reason i chose BMAT was simply my ukcat didnt go so well recieving 2510, and with my current GCSE grade profile it wasnt looking good for me :/. Id rather have gotten a better ukcat and not have to touch BMAT but its too late for that haha

Matt
Reply 5
16/10

Today i received my practice essay back from my friend, apparently im making progress...i dont see it haha. After running through the essay with me i will go on to write another essay, hopefully its going to be better :/. Furthermore i did some OCR A Chemistry revision where i proceeded to attempt a past paper which i will use to further enhance my studies. I prefer to use past papers as it really shows to myself where i am less confident and common points in marks schemes so i can write model answers.

I went on to attempt to do some AQA Biology.... one issue i found ALL THE PAST PAPERS HAVE BEENREMOVED OFF AQA WEBSITE. Not going to lie i am panicking as i said above i rely on past papers...... Oh well i guess i will have to find new ways to study. This is where i am going to look at you reader! Can you help me with some aqa biology revision methods, thanks in advance :smile:

Anyway i have a 5 a side match in an hour where i am in goal, despite being short, wish me luck,

Thank you for reading,
Matt
Reply 6
I will check your GYG out, the reason i chose BMAT was simply my ukcat didnt go so well recieving 2510, and with my current GCSE grade profile it wasnt looking good for me :/. Id rather have gotten a better ukcat and not have to touch BMAT but its too late for that haha

Matt

Good luck with the BMAT I'm sure you'll do great!
Good luck, liking this blog :smile:
Would you mind checking mine out , would be much appreciated X
Reply 8
Hello,
I have applied to;
Leeds,
Brighton & Sussex
Imperial
And Hull York

That's amazing! Wishing you the best of luck, and for BMAT too. As long as you put in the work you will do amazing! Have you applied for a back-up?

I too have made a Growing my Grades Blog, if you want to check it out? It'll be interesting to keep up-to-date with each other through our journey. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending