The Student Room Group

Ear pinning

Hi, I’m 13 and I have quite sticky out ears that effects me from putting my hair up and that’s a problem cause I’m a dancer!! And sometimes stops me from tucking it behind my ears I’ve tried growing my hair but it just won’t. I was just wondering would I be able to get my ears pinned back under nhs?
Original post by Meganbirchalll
Hi, I’m 13 and I have quite sticky out ears that effects me from putting my hair up and that’s a problem cause I’m a dancer!! And sometimes stops me from tucking it behind my ears I’ve tried growing my hair but it just won’t. I was just wondering would I be able to get my ears pinned back under nhs?

Getting it done on the NHS is very unlikely as it is a cosmetic procedure, rather than one that is medically necessary.

From NHS website,

How much does it cost? In the UK, ear correction surgery costs about £2,500-£3,500, plus the cost of any consultations or follow-up care that may be needed. It would only be carried out on the NHS under exceptional circumstances for example, in rare cases where a person's ears are causing them significant psychological distress.
Reply 2
I think it'd have to be causing significant psychological distress for it to be done on the NHS as it's a cosmetic procedure.
Reply 3
I'm sure your ears look fine.

Quick Reply

Latest