The Student Room Group

Grow your Grades 2016-17 winners!

Hello everyone!

Last year's Grow your Grades blogs have been judged, and we have some winners to announce!

It's been an absolutely amazing year. It was an pleasure to read through everyone's blogs - you can really see everyone reflecting on their journey over the past year.

So without further ado, let's get some winners announced. Who is going to win that MacBook....?!

Firstly, a few shout outs to blogs we thought were really good. The fantastic @CheeseIsVeg wowed us with her blog about being The First Vegetable to get into University. We also loved @Scitty's journey to get into vet school, and @misstiah_h's blog about getting great GCSE grades. Keep it up guys - really inspiring and interesting blogs!

Next, to the two runner ups.

Our first runner up is @Protostar with her blog, Protostar's Path to Perfection. We loved following your journey through your AS levels, and it was really interesting to see you reflect on your grades over the course of the year. Congratulations!

Our second runner up is @StrawbAri with her blog A Bipolar's Journey to University. You have a really interesting way of writing, and we loved following your journey through home schooling. Congratulations!

And finally, the overall winner is...

@sinfonietta! With her blog 3-years-in-1. Your blog was personal, interesting, and engaging. @The Learn Ranger nearly cried when he read that your fish had died! We loved everything about your blog, and you are a well deserved winner. Congratulations!

A big well done to all our winners, and everyone else who ran a blog over the last year.

And now to start it all over again! You can check out this year's new blogs here, and start a blog of your own here. Let the fun begin!

GYG entrants

Well done @sinfonietta! :biggrin: You really deserve it- I have loved following your progress this past year and found your journey really inspiring! And well done for getting special mentions/runner up to @CheeseIsVeg @Scitty and @Protostar- I followed your blogs also and they were all all so amazing and inspiring! :smile:
Well done to everyone involved, there were loads of amazing blogs! Congratulations to @Protostar, @StrawbAri and especially @sinfonietta!! Thoroughly deserved :yay:
Well done to everyone who took part.
Big congrats to the winner and runner ups :biggrin:
Wow, runner up :shock: Thanks everyone :smile:

Huge congrats to @StrawbAri and @sinfonietta! :yay:
You've no idea how stunned I am that so many people actually read my blog and enjoyed it. I spoke a little to @The Learn Ranger about this, but I honestly thought I was talking to myself most of the time. I didn't think I had any readers besides @furryface12 (:heart:) until right near the end of the journey when it seemed people just came out of the woodwork and told me they'd been following along! I felt maybe I was just unrelatable to most people due to being a 25-year-old media graduate taking a non-traditional route back into university (Scottish HNC). So it's really incredible to hear that people read and enjoyed my complaints and ramblings and endless fish spam! Thank you so much! :hugs:

Congratulations to @Protostar and @StrawbAri!
And of course @CheeseIsVeg and @misstiah_h!
:hugs:

And oh my god @Scitty, I don't think we have ever spoken, but I had been hoping that you would win. So I'm so glad you at least received an honourable mention here! I adored your blog! :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Congratulations to all the participants and people who had great blogs, especially @Protostar @StrawbAri and @sinfonietta.
Reply 7
Original post by sinfonietta
You've no idea how stunned I am that so many people actually read my blog and enjoyed it. I spoke a little to @The Learn Ranger about this, but I honestly thought I was talking to myself most of the time. I didn't think I had any readers besides @furryface12 (:heart:) until right near the end of the journey when it seemed people just came out of the woodwork and told me they'd been following along! I felt maybe I was just unrelatable to most people due to being a 25-year-old media graduate taking a non-traditional route back into university (Scottish HNC). So it's really incredible to hear that people read and enjoyed my complaints and ramblings and endless fish spam! Thank you so much! :hugs:

And oh my god @Scitty, I don't think we have ever spoken, but I had been hoping that you would win. So I'm so glad you at least received an honourable mention here! I adored your blog! :biggrin:

A huge congratulations :biggrin: I didn't view your blog until after it had finished but recently I read through it from start to finish and it truly is amazing!

Well done to the runners up @Protostar and @StrawbAri :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
:party:

Congratulations to all!!!:adore:

And a huge appreciation to @Fox Corner and @The Learn Ranger for facilitating another wonderful competition!:congrats:

On with the next one!:yay:
Original post by Chittesh14
Congratulations to all the participants and people who had great blogs, especially @Protostar @StrawbAri and @sinfonietta.

Thank you :h:

Original post by Notnek
A huge congratulations :biggrin: I didn't view your blog until after it had finished but recently I read through it from start to finish and it truly is amazing!

Well done to the runners up @Protostar and @StrawbAri :smile:

Congratulations you guys! :biggrin: You put so much work in and you really deserved it :five:
Reply 11

Nah, knew from the start you had it in the bag :wink: so very deserved, and super happy for you! Have a fantastic time at uni! :biggrin:
Congratulations to all those involved :smile:
Thanks all for your nice words about the Grow your Grades winners and runners up - they are all remarkable.

On a personal note, working at TSR is generally lovely but I think my favourite thing is Grow your Grades.

I've worked in education a long time but I have never seen students working together and encouraging each other quite like this.

Nor have I seen students reflecting so carefully on the process of learning - the ups and downs, the high marks and low marks, the stationery, the exam nerves, the grind of revision, the little details and the big picture - it's all here.

I'm immensely proud to be involved and so should everyone who entered and everyone who offered words of encouragement.

Original post by Scitty
Nah, knew from the start you had it in the bag :wink: so very deserved, and super happy for you! Have a fantastic time at uni! :biggrin:

Same to you: studying to be a vet sounds exciting! Are you blogging again this year? :h:
Original post by The Learn Ranger
Thanks all for your nice words about the Grow your Grades winners and runners up - they are all remarkable.

On a personal note, working at TSR is generally lovely but I think my favourite thing is Grow your Grades.

I've worked in education a long time but I have never seen students working together and encouraging each other quite like this.

Nor have I seen students reflecting so carefully on the process of learning - the ups and downs, the high marks and low marks, the stationery, the exam nerves, the grind of revision, the little details and the big picture - it's all here.

I'm immensely proud to be involved and so should everyone who entered and everyone who offered words of encouragement.

Well said.:yep:

:jumphug:
Reply 16
Same to you: studying to be a vet sounds exciting! Are you blogging again this year? :h:

Nah, have a gap year now to save up money and get health stuff sorted. I have an informal general blog set up but I've been terrible at keeping up with it so far. :colondollar:

You must be, surely? :h:
Original post by Fox Corner
Hello everyone!

Last year's Grow your Grades blogs have been judged, and we have some winners to announce!

It's been an absolutely amazing year. It was an pleasure to read through everyone's blogs - you can really see everyone reflecting on their journey over the past year.

So without further ado, let's get some winners announced. Who is going to win that MacBook....?!

Firstly, a few shout outs to blogs we thought were really good. The fantastic @CheeseIsVeg wowed us with her blog about being The First Vegetable to get into University. We also loved @Scitty's journey to get into vet school, and @misstiah_h's blog about getting great GCSE grades. Keep it up guys - really inspiring and interesting blogs!

Next, to the two runner ups.

Our first runner up is @Protostar with her blog, Protostar's Path to Perfection. We loved following your journey through your AS levels, and it was really interesting to see you reflect on your grades over the course of the year. Congratulations!

Our second runner up is @StrawbAri with her blog A Bipolar's Journey to University. You have a really interesting way of writing, and we loved following your journey through home schooling. Congratulations!

And finally, the overall winner is...

@sinfonietta! With her blog 3-years-in-1. Your blog was personal, interesting, and engaging. @The Learn Ranger nearly cried when he read that your fish had died! We loved everything about your blog, and you are a well deserved winner. Congratulations!

A big well done to all our winners, and everyone else who ran a blog over the last year.

And now to start it all over again! You can check out this year's new blogs here, and start a blog of your own here. Let the fun begin!

GYG entrants

Omg!!!!!!
Oh my goodness I can't believe I'm a runner up :cry: :banana:
Thank you so so much
My blog was one of the best things I did last year and I loved logging everything and even though it didn't go as planned I loved that I was able to start something and actually finish it!

This is such a late reply but I've been so busy
Omg I'm so pleased :biggrin:

Thanks so much to all the people that's supported me and congrats to @sinfonietta and @Protostar!!!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Woah, the blogs are awesome!
I wish I had joined last year:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending