The Student Room Group

My parents don't spend time with me.

My mum comes home from work when i am already in bed usually and so does my dad.They are always working i know they need to provide etc I am thankful that they work so hard but I feel lonely and in despair even during the weekend they don't spend time with me they are always doing work related stuff I just feel incredibly lonely and sad we speak rarely and I just have this feeling of overwhelming sadness.Even when I ask them when will you spend time with me I miss you they never really respond.
Reply 1
That’s sad. It’s strange that they don’t respond. Find a time to sit down with them, talk to them properly and let them know how you feel.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by h333
That’s sad. It’s strange that they don’t respond. Find a time to sit down with them, talk to them properly and let them know how you feel.

Maybe they don't respond not to make false promises.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe they don't respond not to make false promises.

Perhaps but they are your parents, they shouldn’t be just avoiding the matter or you. Do they not show any emotion?
Ask if you can help them in anyway maybe make meals help with household chores and try to understand their pressures
Reply 5
Original post by h333
Perhaps but they are your parents, they shouldn’t be just avoiding the matter or you. Do they not show any emotion?

They do but they have responsibilities and sometimes parents need to make sacrifices to put food on the table and roof over our heads.
My parents never really spent time with me as a kid, but as an adult they're always fussing over me.
My mum comes home from work when i am already in bed usually and so does my dad.They are always working i know they need to provide etc I am thankful that they work so hard but I feel lonely and in despair even during the weekend they don't spend time with me they are always doing work related stuff I just feel incredibly lonely and sad we speak rarely and I just have this feeling of overwhelming sadness.Even when I ask them when will you spend time with me I miss you they never really respond.

Are you really alone in the house when you come home or are you spending time with siblings or a house maid? no one in the neighbourhood where you can go? no friends? how old are you anyway?
Reply 8
They do but they have responsibilities and sometimes parents need to make sacrifices to put food on the table and roof over our heads.

I see, yh they do seem very busy. Do you have any siblings and how old are you? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Kallisto
Are you really alone in the house when you come home or are you spending time with siblings or a house maid? no one in the neighbourhood where you can go? no friends? how old are you anyway?

I have a twin.My friends live in a different neighbourhood.

I am going to university soon

I am going to university soon so I am old enough to stay at home.

Some have caring parents... some not so much.

However, if you feel terribly lonely be glad that you have TSR accessible to you 24x7x365. TSR hosts fantastic competitions and quizzes that will without a double help you feel less lonely one day at a time.
Buy a pet :smile:
I am going to university soon so I am old enough to stay at home.

I am going to university soon

I have a twin.My friends live in a different neighbourhood.

Was it different in your childhood and adolescence?

the best what you can do is to talk with your parents about it, that you are frustrated about this situation and you would love to change this relationship for better. You and your parents have to come to a solution.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending