The Student Room Group

Individuals of the British Empire - HELP?!

Has anyone got any resources or notes on individuals responsible for:
1) Territory Expansion
2) Extension of Military/Political Control
3) Growth of Trade and Wealth
all related to the British Empire?
I've been set a ridiculous task due tomorrow and I cannot find notes on these anywhere online and my college moodle page is useless
Reply 1
Original post by lottytibbs
Has anyone got any resources or notes on individuals responsible for:
1) Territory Expansion
2) Extension of Military/Political Control
3) Growth of Trade and Wealth
all related to the British Empire?
I've been set a ridiculous task due tomorrow and I cannot find notes on these anywhere online and my college moodle page is useless

If you're interested in the origins of English imperialism (I say English not British), I would recommend you look into the territorial pursuits of Elizabeth I. Before she died in 1603, the East India Company (the company that would exploit and control India) was established, alongside others such as the Muscovy company and Barbary company which dealt with the Baltics and North Africa. There had also been pursuits into America at this point..
Reply 2
Original post by Djerun
If you're interested in the origins of English imperialism (I say English not British), I would recommend you look into the territorial pursuits of Elizabeth I. Before she died in 1603, the East India Company (the company that would exploit and control India) was established, alongside others such as the Muscovy company and Barbary company which dealt with the Baltics and North Africa. There had also been pursuits into America at this point..

I'm aware of the East India Company, but my work is specifically on the details I listed, would you happen to know where I could research them?

Quick Reply

Latest