The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Sikh Surgeon
Hey!

Manchester will send you an email on 15 October which will have a link to the NAI form. You can also fill it in and submit it now, here's the link to the NAI form...

https://eforms.mhs.man.ac.uk/s/f/GOKxvgQ0rAC3zZk75GvyHxVrLOk

I have a question about this. For the last section, i.e. motivation for Medicine did you only write about why Manchester? I am not sure what they are asking for. Please help. TIA
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Brother24
I have a question about this. For the last section, i.e. motivation for Medicine did you only write about why Manchester? I am not sure what they are asking for. Please help. TIA

Hey! :smile:

I mentioned this earlier but last year applicants were not asked to write about 'why Manchester' specifically... and thats why I didn't write anything to do with Manchester, I just wrote about my motivation for medicine in general

However, what I do know is that they will want you write about the course (mainly) and explain why the course is right for you. So for example, the course involves full body dissections to teach anatomy so you could explain how that was one of the factors that led you to pick Manchester? It's up to you what you write, just be honest

Also, don't write only about Manchester, say what actually led you to decide that you want to do medicine
Reply 262
Original post by username3497538
Anyone else hoping for an interview through the holistic pathway? :smile:
GCSEs = 5A* 5A
Predictions = A*AA
UKCAT = 613 :frown:
Loads of extracurricular/voluntary/work experience. Hoping the rest of my stats will bring me to a holistic interview! As far as I'm aware, its the first year Manchester has done this holistic thing? So I really don't know what to expect if they'll take a UKCAT as low as mine but i love Manchester!

Yeah im hoping to make it in through the holistic pathway as well.
I have 6A*4A at GCSE got 2540 in ukcat AAAA at AS and predicted A*A*A* (bio chem maths) and have a DofE award. Hopefully they consider me for holistic!
I'm a bit confused about the NAI form, do we just add in the relevant parts from our personal statement? Or do we fill in the form from scratch?
Original post by Milky_Way
I'm a bit confused about the NAI form, do we just add in the relevant parts from our personal statement? Or do we fill in the form from scratch?

This is what Manchester said on their website: "The Non-Academic Information Form can be thought of as an expanded personal statement where you can provide more information and tell us why you chose to apply to this medical school.
Although we do not directly assess your personal statement as part of the selection process, you haven't wasted any time in writing it. You will find that you can use most what you have written as the starting point for your Non-Academic Information Form, and we encourage you to do so."

I'm guessing that we can take points out of the personal statement and re-word them so they relate to each section of the form. I looked at last year's applicant thread and people were saying they just expanded on what they wrote for the personal statement as well :smile:
Original post by khookie
This is what Manchester said on their website: "The Non-Academic Information Form can be thought of as an expanded personal statement where you can provide more information and tell us why you chose to apply to this medical school.
Although we do not directly assess your personal statement as part of the selection process, you haven't wasted any time in writing it. You will find that you can use most what you have written as the starting point for your Non-Academic Information Form, and we encourage you to do so."

I'm guessing that we can take points out of the personal statement and re-word them so they relate to each section of the form. I looked at last year's applicant thread and people were saying they just expanded on what they wrote for the personal statement as well :smile:

Oh okay, thank you so much!
Has anyone received an email from Manchester regarding the NAI form?! I haven't even received an email from them saying that they have received my application :frown: Is it just me or is anyone else having this problem? :/
Original post by 12345John12345
Has anyone received an email from Manchester regarding the NAI form?! I haven't even received an email from them saying that they have received my application :frown: Is it just me or is anyone else having this problem? :/

I haven't received anything from them either :/
Reply 268

Yeah same I haven't received anything

I haven't either. But a lot of my friends are having the same issue so I assume that they are just taking longer I guess.
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
I haven't either. But a lot of my friends are having the same issue so I assume that they are just taking longer I guess.

Original post by obi145

Original post by khookie

Thank god its not just me!
I don't think anyone's received an acknowledgement email or letter yet. But you don't have to wait for an email to complete the NAI form, just access it through their website.

Original post by khookie

Original post by obi145

Bless I thought it was just me who hadn't gotten anything, I think we will only get an email after the deadline, I'm not in the UK so it is already Monday here but about 2am in the UK lol so I don't expect anything soon
Reply 273
For some reason, on track, for my manchester choice, it says "Campus: N" although it actually says the actual campus for all of my other choices.

Does anyone know what "Campus: N" mean and also, I chose that I wasn't going to live at home whilst studying so does anyone else who chose the same thing as me have "Campus: N" too?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by t10r
For some reason, on track, for my manchester choice, it says "Campus: N" although it actually says the actual campus for all of my other choices.

Does anyone know what "Campus: N" mean and also, I choose that I wasn't going to live at home whilst studying so does anyone else who choose the same thing as me have "Campus: N" too?

it says the same on mine too and i did the same as you

Original post by khookie

Original post by obi145

Thank god its not just me!

Original post by Scruffy Jack
I don't think anyone's received an acknowledgement email or letter yet. But you don't have to wait for an email to complete the NAI form, just access it through their website.

Bless I thought it was just me who hadn't gotten anything, I think we will only get an email after the deadline, I'm not in the UK so it is already Monday here but about 2am in the UK lol so I don't expect anything soon

Yh last year they sent it on 18 October so don't worry guys you should get an email... soon :smile:

Original post by t10r

Does anyone know what "Campus: N" mean and also, I chose that I wasn't going to live at home whilst studying so does anyone else who chose the same thing as me have "Campus: N" too?

it says the same on mine too and i did the same as you

Basically in year 3 onwards you will be placed in 1 of 4 teaching hospitals. Before you apply to Manchester you are asked whether you want to be placed in Preston (1 of 4 hospitals)... I think this is because most people prefer not to go to Preston as it's really far away from Manchester.

'Campus: N' means that you don't mind which campus you are put in / you don't have a preference for Preston
Yh last year they sent it on 18 October so don't worry guys you should get an email... soon :smile:

Basically in year 3 onwards you will be placed in 1 of 4 teaching hospitals. Before you apply to Manchester you are asked whether you want to be placed in Preston (1 of 4 hospitals)... I think this is because most people prefer not to go to Preston as it's really far away from Manchester.

'Campus: N' means that you don't mind which campus you are put in / you don't have a preference for Preston

Is there any chance that can be changed to Preston? I didn't know I had that option when I submitted my application :frown:
Is there any chance that can be changed to Preston? I didn't know I had that option when I submitted my application :frown:

I'm not too sure... you could give em a ring to see if they can change it?
I'm not too sure... you could give em a ring to see if they can change it?

Yeah I think I can try that, thanks :smile:
I just got the confirmation email, anyone else received this too?

Latest

Trending

Trending