The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by milktea_xox
As am I! And I completely agree, it's a really good combination as they're so different in terms of factors and therefore you don't get overwhelmed:tongue:

What are you planning on studying at university? I messed up my AS grades and only came out with ABC, it's not bad but I was hoping for better haha. Looking at History at Lancaster atm.
Original post by CinnamonSmol
Oh right, for further reading?

No we use it as a textbook at school because it goes into a good amount of detail, but it isn't too dry if you know what I mean.
Original post by sammychu00
No we use it as a textbook at school because it goes into a good amount of detail, but it isn't too dry if you know what I mean.

oooh okay, thanks I'll check it out! The one I'm using is by Angela Anderson, even though it's AQA approved its a waaay too wordy but oh well, hopefully your recommendation will be much more easier to actually understand :biggrin:
oooh okay, thanks I'll check it out! The one I'm using is by Angela Anderson, even though it's AQA approved its a waaay too wordy but oh well, hopefully your recommendation will be much more easier to actually understand :biggrin:

Yeah, I use that book too but I don't like it. I find it too difficult to understand :confused:
Bit late to the party but I’m in Year 13 doing Tudors and Russia. I am in desperate need of some help with my Tudor paper in terms of exam technique and structure. I can remember the content no problem but this doesn’t seem to be translating into my practice questions. I think it’s to do with having not handled secondary sources but I kind of hoped to have come to terms with it a year in now :frown:
Reply 25
Original post by sammychu00
I don't study Nazi Germany, but I study the Stuarts.

If you've started studying the Stuarts please can you answer my question - Was the Divine Right of Kings the same thing as the Royal Prerogative or was the Prerogative derived from the idea of Divine Rights?

Thank you

I do Stuarts, and my understanding has always been that the Divine Right relates to a monarch's God-given right to rule. The royal prerogative is slightly different, it's the rights a monarch can expect to have because they are king/queen (e.g. prior to the civil war, control over foreign affairs, right to call and dissolve parliament, etc are all part of the royal prerogative). Hope that helps:smile:

For the original poster, I do Stuarts and the French Revolution.
Original post by charlotteto
Bit late to the party but I’m in Year 13 doing Tudors and Russia. I am in desperate need of some help with my Tudor paper in terms of exam technique and structure. I can remember the content no problem but this doesn’t seem to be translating into my practice questions. I think it’s to do with having not handled secondary sources but I kind of hoped to have come to terms with it a year in now :frown:

I got an A* (full marks) in Russia and Tudors this year. What part of the exam technique/structure are you struggling with?
Original post by GovernmentEarner
I got an A* (full marks) in Russia and Tudors this year. What part of the exam technique/structure are you struggling with?

My Tudor essays, both the extract and essay questions just read like a narrative. I find Russia so easy to weave my own knowledge in and analyse it but because the nature of the Tudor period is so different I think I’m trying to use the same approach and it isn’t working. There’s barely any example answers that I can use to help find a structure and style.
Anyone knows where I can find AQA history specification with answers please? I'm doing Tudors and American Civil war ☺. Also any tips and advices on essay writing would be very appreciated!!!
What course are you taking? Mine is Nazi Germany, 1918-1945 and Stuarts, 1603-1702

germany and tudors

Latest