The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
Fingers crossed.

If it gets to Sunday and you're still without a referee I would suggest contacting ucas to get the reference email sent to one of your own alternate email addresses, adding in the name and contact details of someone you know *would* provide a reference if there hadn't been communication problems and explaining in the reference box that you've been unable to get a reference submitted by the deadline but that the reference will follow shortly. It's not ideal but it's worth a shot.

I got a work referee (someone agreed)!

another question I have is about the dates I finished uni and the day the qualification was received. Reason why I ask id because my last exam was in may, last official date / transcript was in June and my diploma /graduation was july.

I had my finish date as June and qualification date July but not sure if this is right
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by returnmigrant
You can I think also submit your application without a reference - ie. I think the UCAS system will let you do this.

Unis still get your application but with a standard one-liner in the reference space about having agreed with the Uni not to submit a reference.
As you have applied within the deadline your application is still valid but the Uni will then contact you for a reference - ie. this would give you breathing space to get the reference sorted out with jeopardising you entire application.

With the deadline so close for the medicine applications would this still work? I'm in a similar predicament... :frown:
Original post by Nf13
With the deadline so close for the medicine applications would this still work? I'm in a similar predicament... :frown:

I would speak to ucas personally. theyre customer services are open at 10am today and close 10 minutes before six
Original post by Nf13

It might. There’s a chance but it’ll depend upon each university concerned. It’s better than missing the deadline and better than no application at all.
Original post by quasa
I got a work referee (someone agreed)!

another question I have is about the dates I finished uni and the day the qualification was received. Reason why I ask id because my last exam was in may, last official date / transcript was in June and my diploma /graduation was july.

I had my finish date as June and qualification date July but not sure if this is right

Ucas won’t let you put an award date outside the dates you attended a place of education. June would make most sense.
Original post by PQ
Ucas won’t let you put an award date outside the dates you attended a place of education. June would make most sense.

cheers (again)
Original post by Nf13

If it's important to you then definitely. Try to spend as much of today and tomorrow focusing on your UCAS application. Dont know what time the deadline is but do check and get it all in before.
Original post by A_Human_Being
If it's important to you then definitely. Try to spend as much of today and tomorrow focusing on your UCAS application. Dont know what time the deadline is but do check and get it all in before.

The deadline for Ucas to receive an application is 6pm today.
Original post by marshalld67
If it's not for a course where the deadline is gone then don't fret, the application deadline isn't until January and applying earlier doesn't give you an advantage. If it is for one of those courses, then I totally get why you're panicking

The deadline for Medicine is today at 6pm
So...I hope this went well and your referee sent of your application on time.

Same! Best of luck to you for whatever outcome!
Just got a reply email from my 1st choice and...theyre OK!

they are happy for me to send of additional info via email re: my references and amend my dates between now and november.

I will wait for UCAS to change my tiny 1 letter error first then submit my supporting info?

Downside: they want my transcript (which for my 1st 3 years is ok, last year was a nightmare due to way too many extenuating circumstances which I need to verify with my uni based referees) - I did an undergrad masters btw which is why the 4th year is irritating. I will say however that despite my final year mishaps, my overall grade was Merit / 2:1 for Masters
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Volibear
OT but I assume you did an integrated masters/MSci?

former (Pharmacy)
@PQ's wisdom is great Re: wrong date scenario. essentially my 1st 2 and my bottom choices confirmed it is only the attended dates, not the qualification dates which matter. Additionally they said the applications get corrected within 24 hours of UCAS correcting it.

Original post by Milky_Way
Same! Best of luck to you for whatever outcome!

cheers and fingers crossed
I think ill close this thread as the application is done

Latest