The Student Room Group

Furious!

My boyfriend did two things recently which I got angry about and still am , for 2 days I was offish with him. He then called and said am I angry and he's sorry that's it, he then said when I get back I'll message you so I can come pick you up and we can go to eat because he asked if I wanted to meet and if I was Angry. He did say he will be going out with his boys but before that he'll meet me. I said that if I fall asleep it's not my fault because he didn't know when exactly he will be back.

I waited and he didn't call or message I then see him with his boys later that night. In which that annoyed me because he didn't even message me to say anything. And why would I message him asking if he's home or not he told me don't rush him! I'm furious about this.

It's been two whole days we haven't spoke since then it's as if he's waiting for me to speak. I'm not going to I've been annoyed about something and now other things. I feel as though he probably thinks he can't be the one always chasing me as when he did I was acting offish ( because I was angry!!)

We've been together a year and a half.

Could I get opinions and advice on this. And what I should do

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It seems like something has been made out of nothing here.

Just talk to him...
Reply 2
Original post by utr

Just talk to him...

I agree, I don't get why people rush to make threads like this without talking about it first with their partner.

If she thinks he's waiting for her to message first then she should message first...
Reply 3
Original post by utr

Just talk to him...

I've been so angry about something he has lied about and I've found out. He then does another thing In which I found so disrespectful. I gave him the benefit of the doubt to meet me. But then he doesn't even message me to say he isn't and posts things with his friends ? I was waiting for him to call me after being out with his friends and before as he was going. To meet me! But he didn't
Maybe you could deal with your relationship issues like an adult, and talk to him about why you're angry with him instead of giving him the cold shoulder?
Reply 5
Original post by UWS
I agree, I don't get why people rush to make threads like this without talking about it first with their partner.

If she thinks he's waiting for her to message first then she should message first...

I gave him the benefit of the doubt to meet me he didn't even message to cancel or message or call before or after. ? I feel as though he thinks let her sulk on her own but I feel very disrespected and angry about something.
Reply 6
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Maybe you could deal with your relationship issues like an adult, and talk to him about why you're angry with him instead of giving him the cold shoulder?

I have given him the chance to meet me ! He said yes and went out with his friends didn't even message me to say he isn't coming ? This just makes me think he doesn't care if I'm angry so no reason to bring it up. It's making me feel very hurt.
Reply 7
What has he lied about exactly? The fact that he said he'd meet you before he went out?

If so, I'll tell you what more than likely happened:

He messaged one of the lads saying I'm going to meet my missus I'll meet you all later (or something of that equivalent)

Then, he would of probably got pelters and they would've said he's under the thumb etc, cracked under peer pressure and just went out with them.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I gave him the benefit of the doubt to meet me he didn't even message to cancel or message or call before or after. ? I feel as though he thinks let her sulk on her own but I feel very disrespected and angry about something.

Message him now and ask if he wants to grab some food together later. Sorted.

He's your boyfriend, you should be able to make plans too and I'm sure he'll appreciate that.
Reply 9
Original post by utr
What has he lied about exactly? The fact that he said he'd meet you before he went out?

If so, I'll tell you what more than likely happened:

He messaged one of the lads saying I'm going to meet my missus I'll meet you all later (or something of that equivalent)

Then, he would of probably got pelters and they would've said he's under the thumb etc, cracked under peer pressure and just went out with them.

Nope he told me he will stop doing business with girls and I found out he still was. We halfly resolved that but it's like things kept happening. Idk how to explain it. He don't. Need to do it with girls he just chooses to because it's easier. I just feel left out now he's doing that.
Original post by UWS
Message him now and ask if he wants to grab some food together later. Sorted.

He's your boyfriend, you should be able to make plans too and I'm sure he'll appreciate that.

But because it's been 2 full days we haven't spoken it's like awkward ! I feel so hurt because he didn't even have the thought of me to message me and say he can't and I was waiting up excited like an absolute mug.
Reply 11
Nope he told me he will stop doing business with girls and I found out he still was. We halfly resolved that but it's like things kept happening. Idk how to explain it. He don't. Need to do it with girls he just chooses to because it's easier. I just feel left out now he's doing that.

When you say business, what exactly do you mean?
I have given him the chance to meet me ! He said yes and went out with his friends didn't even message me to say he isn't coming ? This just makes me think he doesn't care if I'm angry so no reason to bring it up. It's making me feel very hurt.

I know, but from what I gathered after reading your OP, you didn't actually acknowledge that request? You just waited for him to send another message later during the day.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by utr
When you say business, what exactly do you mean?

Business just business I can't explain. It was a big deal he promised he wouldn't. And he basically told me when we were both angry that if I don't like the way he makes money then I should leave.
I know, but from what I gathered after reading your OP, you didn't actually acknowledge that request?

He knows me well and when I'm angry he normally would message me to say he isn't coming but he didn't ! I see him with one friend getting a tattoo done then another one at night of them in the club.
Reply 15
But because it's been 2 full days we haven't spoken it's like awkward ! I feel so hurt because he didn't even have the thought of me to message me and say he can't and I was waiting up excited like an absolute mug.

How would it be awkward? He is your boyfriend, you can message each other at any time. Don't feel like he owes you a message first because you'll only get disappointed. Yes, he forgot to message you but don't overreact here. Just arrange to meet and talk about things.
I know, but from what I gathered after reading your OP, you didn't actually acknowledge that request? You just waited for him to send another message later during the day.

I'm just so angry and hurt he lied to me. Then this happens I'm just starting to strongly believe he doesn't care about me or my feelings and it's making me feel very alone and upset.
Original post by UWS
How would it be awkward? He is your boyfriend, you can message each other at any time. Don't feel like he owes you a message first because you'll only get disappointed. Yes, he forgot to message you but don't overreact here. Just arrange to meet and talk about things.

I'm angry and hurt he lied to me about something. I didn't surely he should try he's best to fix things I always do!
Reply 18
I'm angry and hurt he lied to me about something. I didn't surely he should try he's best to fix things I always do!

Yes, I get that you are upset about things but venting about him to us isn't going to change things. I strongly suggest you speak to him about it in person.

Arrange to go for food/drinks/whatever and talk about it.
Reply 19
Seems to me like you're creating a storm in a teacup here. Text him ask for a meet, he'll either meet you or he won't and then move past it, one way or another.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending