The Student Room Group

I am Greek! Ask me something.

This is just a friendly way to get to know to Greece, its culture and people. Ask anything!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
how do you find the english language compared to greek??
Reply 2
where is your favourite place in Greece?
I love going to Greece, it's one of my favorite holiday destinations. I'm going next year since my mum is getting married there
How many plates have you smashed?
What is your favourite Pot Noodle?
Original post by Sofia Tp
This is just a friendly way to get to know to Greece, its culture and people. Ask anything!

How do you like Greek food?
Reply 7
Original post by cactuss
how do you find the english language compared to greek??
@cactuss
the English language is easier compared with Greek. Greek have many particularities and different grammar and vocabulary phenomenons that make it unique. You yourself in fact know a lot of Greek words that are being used in English. E.g democracy, love, phenomenon, philanthropy, anatomy, surgeon,... etc and I can go on. It may be hard to learn but it is really enticing once you get to know it!
what Greek God is your favourite?
Reply 9
Original post by mayonepp
where is your favourite place in Greece?
I love going to Greece, it's one of my favorite holiday destinations. I'm going next year since my mum is getting married there

[user="3583166"]mayonepp[/user
Well this is a really difficult question for me to answer since every place in Greece has its own beauty. But if I had to choose I would choose Zakynthos. It is an island located in the Ionian sea and it's beauties are so many and unique and amazing. I'm so in love with this island!

Kalimera. :bigsmile:

What do you think of Greece's economic prospects at present? Should Greece leave the Euro?
How do you make your salads so yum pls teach me
Reply 12
Original post by yungaheartz
How many plates have you smashed?

@yungaheartz
Haha well I myself haven't smashed any but it is common in weddings.
Reply 13
Original post by Geeta_Rasoya
What is your favourite Pot Noodle?

@Geeta_Rasoya
I don't eat noodles that much but i would say chicken and curry
Reply 14
Original post by JMR2017
How do you like Greek food?

@JMR2017
I honestly love Greek cuisine and it's not because I'm Greek. Trust me I have tried so many cuisines both at restaurants and locals homes but none of them were as tasteful as the Greek one .
How do you feel when you land on fresh Athenian soil?
Reply 16
Original post by Knightoflogic
what Greek God is your favourite?

@Knightoflogic
Just to specify The 12 gods of Olympus were the Gods where ancient Greeks believed in. Now they are more like a story for us (mythology). And I would say Athena the goddess of wisdom.
@Knightoflogic
Just to specify The 12 gods of Olympus were the Gods where ancient Greeks believed in. Now they are more like a story for us (mythology). And I would say Athena the goddess of wisdom.

mine too!
Reply 18
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Kalimera. :bigsmile:

What do you think of Greece's economic prospects at present? Should Greece leave the Euro?

@Fullofsurprises
Greece's economy is bad at the moment because of the leaders of the nation who don't have any idea on what are they doing and the only thing they care about is how to "steal" money from the country and keep it for themselves. As for if Greece should leave the euro is another story that I don't know the answer for it. It is a really controversial issue since you can't see the consequences.
Reply 19
Original post by LouLang
How do you make your salads so yum pls teach me

It's not difficult in fact . So for the traditional Greek salad you'll need : tomato, cucumber, onion ,olive oil, salt and pepper, oregano and feta cheese!
you just chop the vegetables , put them in a bowl and top with the feta cheese, olive oil salt pepper and oregano!

Quick Reply

Latest