The Student Room Group

Big storm coming!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
:rofl:

Bloody show off!

I am looking out over the office fridge to scenes of indescribable boredom.

sorry bro!
Can someone explain why outside looks like a Oompa Loompa has overdosed on Fanta.
Original post by King Leonidas
Can someone explain why outside looks like a Oompa Loompa has overdosed on Fanta.

Apparently it's all due to particulates that the hurricane picks up on the long journey from the Sahara across to the west of the US and then up the seaboard and across the Atlantic to here.
Reply 23
[video="youtube;wLddoVgFOxg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLddoVgFOxg[/video]
Original post by King Leonidas

It's dust from the Sahara and wildfires in Europe that has been whipped up by this storm.
Strap down your wheelie bins- Ophelia's coming!
Original post by Kindred
Strap down your wheelie bins- Ophelia's coming!

She really hates wheelie bins - tosses them about in a rage. Bloomin' ugly things.
She really hates wheelie bins - tosses them about in a rage. Bloomin' ugly things.

No respect for the neighbourhood or hard working bin men! Terrible. Just terrible.
Sahara across to the west of the US and then up the seaboard and across the Atlantic to here.

This one hasn't been near the US, it's come straight from the Azores which is why this one is unusual compared to the tail end of hurricanes we usually get, it's had far less time to lose its tropical characteristics, think it's only the second recorded to have formed so far north and headed straight to Europe.
Original post by the beer
This one hasn't been near the US, it's come straight from the Azores which is why this one is unusual compared to the tail end of hurricanes we usually get, it's had far less time to lose its tropical characteristics, think it's only the second recorded to have formed so far north and headed straight to Europe.

Oh, OK. She's quite a young hurricane then - and feisty.
Reply 31
Bit surprised by the orange sky until I saw this discussion :tongue:

It's getting kinda dark :redface:
So is this orange stuff in the air caused by sand in the Sahara desert? That's quite cool.
Original post by JMR2017
So is this orange stuff in the air caused by sand in the Sahara desert? That's quite cool.

Although another way to look at it is that global warming is progressing and the Sahara Desert is making preliminary moves to expanding to include Britain.
Reply 34
Bright orange sun and jaundiced yellow sky. Its all happening.
The wind is getting up here now and I just want to use it as an excuse to get out of my driving lesson...
Reply 36
This feels like some sort of viral marketing stunt for Tango.
Although another way to look at it is that global warming is progressing and the Sahara Desert is making preliminary moves to expanding to include Britain.

I guess that's a depressing yet somewhat true of looking at it.
Or maybe Donald Trump just did a massive fart.
This made me really happy as a meteorologist!
it looks amazing tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending