The Student Room Group

College has sent off incorrect predicted grades

I'm applying to study maths at Cambridge, Warwick, Imperial, Bristol and Keele. The first three of those require A*A*A, which was what I was told I would be predicted. My application was sent off on Friday and today I got to read my reference ahead of completing my Cambridge SAQ. I saw that I had been predicted only an A in Further Maths when I needed, and was told that I would be predicted an A*. I have spoken to my teacher and he admits it was a mistake, and my tutor is planning to write to the universities to try and amend this. Have I got any chance of getting into Cambridge, or the other two now? I should specify I am a year younger (*should* be in year 12 based on age) so would hope that is taken into account. Is there anything else I could do to try and improve the situation (ie mentioning it in my SAQ)? Thanks
Original post by hecairns
I'm applying to study maths at Cambridge, Warwick, Imperial, Bristol and Keele. The first three of those require A*A*A, which was what I was told I would be predicted. My application was sent off on Friday and today I got to read my reference ahead of completing my Cambridge SAQ. I saw that I had been predicted only an A in Further Maths when I needed, and was told that I would be predicted an A*. I have spoken to my teacher and he admits it was a mistake, and my tutor is planning to write to the universities to try and amend this. Have I got any chance of getting into Cambridge, or the other two now? I should specify I am a year younger (*should* be in year 12 based on age) so would hope that is taken into account. Is there anything else I could do to try and improve the situation (ie mentioning it in my SAQ)? Thanks

Please don't post duplicate threads in multiple areas of the site.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Please don't post duplicate threads in multiple areas of the site.

Sorry, thought I’d originally posted in the wrong section and am not aware of how to delete a thread.
Reply 3
Phone the university and explain the situation.
Original post by Wikia
Phone the university and explain the situation.

That's a terrible idea.

For a start there's 5 universities, secondly the referee is contacting them to explain the situation so the applicant doing the same is massive overkill.
This happened to someone in the year above me - my school ended up ringing all of the Universities and explaining the situation to them.

Quick Reply

Latest