The Student Room Group

Got kicked out twice wondering if u will even get into a good sixth form with 7 gcses

So basiclly i got kicked out of a grammar school for carrying a illegal drug in other words weed. i then got kicked out of my second school which i got transferred to for arriving to school late (i know so ****ing stupid) so now i basiclly have to go to a school called haybrook college they only give options for abt 6 gcses on the top of my head i can remember they gave the options of maths english ICT functionals skills 2 more and then i asked if i was able to do gcse pe which they said they will try and arrange. they said that science is not a option but idk i may ask to see if they are able to get me atleast i subject such as biology. i wanted to do something related to sports such as sports science. what i wanted to know is how likely am i to even get into a good grammar school for sixth form and will me only having 7 or 8 gcses be enough for the subject i want to do???
Original post by swag1famalam
So basiclly i got kicked out of a grammar school for carrying a illegal drug in other words weed. i then got kicked out of my second school which i got transferred to for arriving to school late (i know so ****ing stupid) so now i basiclly have to go to a school called haybrook college they only give options for abt 6 gcses on the top of my head i can remember they gave the options of maths english ICT functionals skills 2 more and then i asked if i was able to do gcse pe which they said they will try and arrange. they said that science is not a option but idk i may ask to see if they are able to get me atleast i subject such as biology. i wanted to do something related to sports such as sports science. what i wanted to know is how likely am i to even get into a good grammar school for sixth form and will me only having 7 or 8 gcses be enough for the subject i want to do???

8 GCSEs at the least will definitely be enough. No science could definitely cause you problems though, so I'd be looking for some way of getting a science GCSE (or preferably 2).
The problem with only having 7 or 8 is not the number itself, but more you need to achieve as best as you can in all of the, since some sixth forms, or occassionally unis look at your best 8 GCSEs, and hence if you mess one up then it can cause you problems in a way that messing up 1 when you have 9 or 10 doesn't matter.
Original post by Lemur14
8 GCSEs at the least will definitely be enough. No science could definitely cause you problems though, so I'd be looking for some way of getting a science GCSE (or preferably 2).
The problem with only having 7 or 8 is not the number itself, but more you need to achieve as best as you can in all of the, since some sixth forms, or occassionally unis look at your best 8 GCSEs, and hence if you mess one up then it can cause you problems in a way that messing up 1 when you have 9 or 10 doesn't matter.

so what you reckon is that i have to ace all of my exams for my record to be"removed"???
Change your attitude to school and you’ll be fine
so what you reckon is that i have to ace all of my exams for my record to be"removed"???

No, the formal record will be completely separate. I was talking about in general the number of GCSEs that are ideal to go further with education. However, if you do ace your exams then it will go a long way to showing you are reformed, and deserve a chance at a good sixth form etc. which will never be a bad thing!
Original post by -Mathematician-
Change your attitude to school and you’ll be fine

Thats the thing though i changed my attitude in year 10 but then all of a sudden i got kicked out of 2 schools in a span of like 3 months. only was wondering if the amount of options i really had were even enough to get into a good sixth form
Original post by Lemur14
No, the formal record will be completely separate. I was talking about in general the number of GCSEs that are ideal to go further with education. However, if you do ace your exams then it will go a long way to showing you are reformed, and deserve a chance at a good sixth form etc. which will never be a bad thing!

Yh hopefully im able to do science aswell because if i am able to do science i will have like 9-10 gcses which ive heard is above average.
Yh hopefully im able to do science aswell because if i am able to do science i will have like 9-10 gcses which ive heard is above average.

9-10 is about average, but it would be much better than 7-8 so that would be great for you :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
9-10 is about average, but it would be much better than 7-8 so that would be great for you :smile:

Yh thanks for the help tho:borat:
Yh thanks for the help tho:borat:

No worries :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest