The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just disable adblock for this site specifically. Normally it is as easy as right-clicking the app.
Reply 2
Original post by monkeyman0121
Just disable adblock for this site specifically. Normally it is as easy as right-clicking the app.

And get even more ads? No thank you.

Then you get ads lol
This is page number # 14 you have viewed without ads this month

Like **** off.
Reply 5
You can have your adblock block the purple popup
Reply 6
Original post by Ice Constricter

This is page number # 14 you have viewed without ads this month

Like **** off.

See my Visitor msgs for a solution
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
Then you get ads lol

What is wrong with a few ads on a site you like to visit. You are supporting the site by allowing ads to be shown and it is not too much of a bother.

The only 'sort of' ad that annoys me is the one that comes up in the middle of the screen sometimes. I would just simply ignore them.
Block the banner using html. Not paying a penny to this website.
Reply 9
Original post by Ciel.
It keeps asking me to buy an ad removal pass. It's so annoying : <

Who ever you are where ever you are...... follow me.
I’m invisible and I’m standing right in front of you
If you're using AdBlock, then when you get the banner just click the icon and use "Block an add on this page"
What is wrong with a few ads on a site you like to visit. You are supporting the site by allowing ads to be shown and it is not too much of a bother.

The only 'sort of' ad that annoys me is the one that comes up in the middle of the screen sometimes. I would just simply ignore them.

Security, privacy, slowing down the page hugely, data caps, etc.

Edit: To expand:

-Security:
--Ads are managed by third-parties. Not TSR, who merely host them. There are many instances of where major websites accidentally hosted malicious ads.

-Privacy
--Some ads track you. But mainly, ad-blocks also block some scripts etc. that mine your data - on this webpage alone I see scripts from krxd.net, google.com, hm732.com, indexww.com, emn0.com, scorecardresearch.com, doubleclick.net, adsensecustomsearchads.com, w55c.net, dynamicyield.com
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12

I hate ads. That's what's wrong with it. I can't ignore them, they drive me crazy.
Original post by Muqadim
Who ever you are where ever you are...... follow me.
I’m invisible and I’m standing right in front of you

Excuse moi?
I would happily whitelist TSR if their ads weren't so goddamn intrusive and annoying and didn't make my motherfudging browser crash every single time!
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Security, privacy, slowing down the page hugely, data caps, etc.

The only way that it slows down the page hugely is if you have a really bad device, and I mean a really bad device.

The security and privacy are hardly bad. Just by using the internet these things are worse off even with adblocker.

Data caps are a good argument, I have read they can use up quite a lot of data.
Original post by zeldor711
If you're using AdBlock, then when you get the banner just click the icon and use "Block an add on this page"

Done it! You're a genius - thank you very much, seems to have solved it.

Sorry @TSR, I am not tolerating rubbish like those annoying pop ups.
The only way that it slows down the page hugely is if you have a really bad device, and I mean a really bad device.

The security and privacy are hardly bad. Just by using the internet these things are worse off even with adblocker.

Data caps are a good argument, I have read they can use up quite a lot of data.

‎Chris Newson pls go

The ads are intrusive in the extreme. If you're relying on this level of extreme advertisements then you're business model needs to be reworked.
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
‎Chris Newson pls go

I can imagine him making a public profile and just persuading people to not use adblock. :tongue:
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
Block the banner using html. Not paying a penny to this website.

:mmm: that's mean

Latest