Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Subjects : Bio, Chem, Phy, Maths, EPQ
Predicted : 4A* 1A
GCSE (SPM Malaysia) : 7A* 1A 1A-
CHEM ENG HAHAHAHA
Why Chem Eng : EPQ on possibilities of nuclear fusion in generating energy for a more sustainable future. Plus, I love it lmao.

Anyone gotten their offers? I applied 3 days ago
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 101
Original post by ndk123
not an international student :smile: from the uk
submitted it like nearly 2 weeks ago :smile: wbu?
good luck

Oh then you must be attending offline one:smile: cuz I'm doing skype one as I'm an int' student! My interview is on Monday but had no time to prepare much:frown::frown: Imperial gave me only 6 days!

Good luck anyway on ur interview as well!
Subjects: Maths, Physics, History
Predicted: A* A* A*
Course: Aeronautical Engineering
I applied 9 days ago, received acknowledgment etc but no invitation to interview yet, wait is killing me😫
Applied for Mathematics (G100) and Mathematics and Computer Science (GG14).
When do Maths applicants usually get their offers? Well it's gotta be after November the 2nd haha.
Reply 104
Original post by premedmath
Applied for Mathematics (G100) and Mathematics and Computer Science (GG14).
When do Maths applicants usually get their offers? Well it's gotta be after November the 2nd haha.

Why ?

How about Materials Engineering?
Original post by danmitchell
Subjects: Maths, Physics, History
Predicted: A* A* A*
Course: Aeronautical Engineering
I applied 9 days ago, received acknowledgment etc but no invitation to interview yet, wait is killing me😫

Honestly....
I got my acknowledgement 3 days back...
I applied for Computer Science (BEng)
Reply 107
I finished my interview just now! It only lasted for 10 minutes (way shorter than expected)! I applied for Chemistry (Bsc) and the questions were pretty simple: he asked me about simple ideal gas equation calculation and deriving Van Der Waal's gas equation from it (tbh I didn't know this part but I got it right yeahhh)! Then moving onto intermolecular forces... that was pretty much it and it involved some calculation but it was very simple- I just did it with my hand.

At the end, he said I hope to see you at Imperial in your first year of study, and the college will be in touch with you very soon.
I hope that is a positive note!
Original post by Najung
I finished my interview just now! It only lasted for 10 minutes (way shorter than expected)! I applied for Chemistry (Bsc) and the questions were pretty simple: he asked me about simple ideal gas equation calculation and deriving Van Der Waal's gas equation from it (tbh I didn't know this part but I got it right yeahhh)! Then moving onto intermolecular forces... that was pretty much it and it involved some calculation but it was very simple- I just did it with my hand.

At the end, he said I hope to see you at Imperial in your first year of study, and the college will be in touch with you very soon.
I hope that is a positive note!

Congratulations on getting done with it! I'm sure you'll get your offer very soon!
Reply 109
Just got an invite for interview from Imperial! Would like to ask if they do some sort of screening before interview? And what is the successful rate after interview?
Original post by RMGB
Just got an invite for interview from Imperial! Would like to ask if they do some sort of screening before interview? And what is the successful rate after interview?

congrats. I think this varies between departments but I believe they interview people they like. What are you applying for and when did u send off your application?
Got my invite for online admissions test on Friday
Original post by bendent1234

Don't forget the postcode! KT16 8PN.
Original post by bendent1234

My email literally just came through at the same time!

Recap on my predictions:

Maths A*
Further Maths A*
Further Maths Additional A*
Physics A*
Chemistry A*
HI!

I applied to:

Oxford
Imperial
UCL
Bristol

GCSE's: 7A*s 6As
School type - Contextual, 54% A*-C.
Extenuating Circumstance - Emigrated from Portugal to UK at 13 years old, spoke no English (at all). Household Income under 40k. Poor university attendance area (SN2 postcode).

Year 12 results:

Biology AS - A
Chemistry AS - A
Mathematics AS - A
EPQ - A* (Title - What is the best Laparoscopic Gastric Surgery? - a study comparing the efficacy of gastric surgeries.)
Portuguese AS/A2 - A/A*

Predicted grades for A2 - A*/A*/A*

UKCAT score - 2870 Band 1
Sitting BMAT on 02/11.

I have decided to apply to split my BMAT : UKCAT university choices as 3:1 as no other UKCAT universities appealed to me therefore applying to them would be a waste.

What are my chances looking like?
Original post by RMGB

congratulations! when did you apply and for what course?
Reply 116
Original post by k92e67
congrats. I think this varies between departments but I believe they interview people they like. What are you applying for and when did u send off your application?

Applied for Materials Science and Engineering, sent off my UCAS application in the first week of Oct.
Hi, anyone applied to BEng computing and got an interview offer? I’ve got the first acknowledgement email on 6th of October and the later one on 8th (saying my application is being considered in academic department) However I didn’t get any response since then..
Original post by Katy Kim
Hi, anyone applied to BEng computing and got an interview offer? I’ve got the first acknowledgement email on 6th of October and the later one on 8th (saying my application is being considered in academic department) However I didn’t get any response since then..

I applied for that course too, didn't got the interview offer yet. Sent off my application on the 11th, received the acknowledgement on 12th and the "being considered" on 13th lol. Haven't heard a thing since then as well. Let's hope for the best :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Anyone applying for Physics? Have you received any further update? So worried...:frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending