The Student Room Group

Am I good enough?šŸ˜©

Is there a good chance that I could be accepted into cambridge if I got all A*'s in the following A-Levels and had a strong interview + personal statement, despite my less than satisfactory GCSE results?

A-levels:
Further Maths
Maths
Physics
Chemistry

GCSE's:
8 in maths
A*'s in all sciences
Distinction* in music
A in french
7 & 6 in my english lang and lit
B in history

(I would like to study natural sciences)
Reply 1
Original post by 12oconnell-e
Is there a good chance that I could be accepted into cambridge if I got all A*'s in the following A-Levels and had a strong interview + personal statement, despite my less than satisfactory GCSE results?

A-levels:
Further Maths
Maths
Physics
Chemistry

GCSE's:
8 in maths
A*'s in all sciences
Distinction* in music
A in french
B in history

No. You need >23A*s at GCSE to even be considered...

Spoiler

No, u no deserve place xmadamenhu
you'll be gravy kid
I don't think your GCSEs particularly matter. They're more concerned with your AS level performance.
No being serious you are not. GCSEs will be more important for 2019 entry, and cambridge's admission process will become like oxfords (entry test and gcse).
Reply 6

A-levels:
Further Maths
Maths
Physics
Chemistry

GCSE's:
8 in maths
A*'s in all sciences
Distinction* in music
A in french
B in history

Your GCSEs are fine
Reply 7
Have you even researched Cambridge's admissions process + entry requirements for the course? I'm honestly surprised you are already thinking of applying here without taking the initiative to make a simple google search.

And yes, you have a chance because 4 A* exceeds the typical offer of A*A*A. No one can put a number on it though.
Original post by Baaah
Have you even researched Cambridge's admissions process + entry requirements for the course? I'm honestly surprised you are already thinking of applying here without taking the initiative to make a simple google search.

And yes, you have a chance because 4 A* exceeds the typical offer of A*A*A. No one can put a number on it though.

I have researched the application process thoroughly. I'm worried because there are no longer any AS exams so they would be making a decision based largely on my GCSE results and predicted grades.
I have researched the application process thoroughly. I'm worried because there are no longer any AS exams so they would be making a decision based largely on my GCSE results and predicted grades.

Mate, your gcses are great.Stop panicking and work hard for a levels.People are just messing with you by saying they are not good enough.How could an a* in maths and triple sciences be not up to par?You have got a*s in all the relevant subjects so take a chill pill.
Reply 10

Your GCSEs (which are fine) are no more important now than they would have been before the AS reforms... which was not very.

They also use the NSAA and the interview and all the rest of your application.

They are VERY used to assessing applicants without UMS....

Posted from TSR Mobile

A-levels:
Further Maths
Maths
Physics
Chemistry

GCSE's:
8 in maths
A*'s in all sciences
Distinction* in music
A in french
B in history

Of course! Believe in yourself, and you will succeed, and don't let anyone tell you that you cannot do it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending