The Student Room Group

What is Combined Science: Trilogy?

I have been put down for Combind Science: Trilogy for my GCSE and have not alot of info on it. I hear it is only two GCSE's and the content is less but thats all I know.
Thoughts?
triple science = bio, chem, physics as three separate gcses
combined = two gcses
core = 1 gcse
Original post by Oneiropólos
I have been put down for Combind Science: Trilogy for my GCSE and have not alot of info on it. I hear it is only two GCSE's and the content is less but thats all I know.
Thoughts?

You’ll sit 6 Exams for science:
2 for biology
2 for chemistry
2 for physics

EXTRA: It’s easier than triple science, but is a good GCSE to have!

Paper breakdown:
Biology P1: Assessed on B1, B2, B3 and B4
Biology P2: Assessed on B5, B6, B7 and some basics from P1.

Chemistry P1: Assessed on C1, C2, C3, C4 and C5
Chemistry P2: Assessed onC6, C7, C8 C9 and C10

Physics P1: Assessed on P1, P2, P3 and P4
Physics P2: Assessed on P5, P6 and P7
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mez_merising
triple science = bio, chem, physics as three separate gcses
combined = two gcses
core = 1 gcse

I am on this too, I think that core science doesn't exist anymore so you cannot do that
Reply 4
Do they still count as two gcse?
Yes it's two GCSEs. In the past you could take core science, (1 GCSE) then additional science (2 GCSEs) and then you could take another set of exams which gave you further additional science (or the marks could be rearranged to give you Chemistry, Biology and Physics)

Now the combined science and the separate sciences are different - you can't take combined and then add the extra exams to make it up to 3 GCSEs. There is no longer a single science option.

The 'trilogy' bit is just the way the material is arranged in the specification. (the other alternative is called 'synergy" - I think that is just AQA thought).
Reply 6
I'm have trouble with these question if someone can help me will be much appropriated

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?do=finduser&u=3766092

Thank you
Trilogy sounds familiar but not sure? Vht!
So I know this is irrelevant but I really need to be doing higher gcse science (combined) but I struggle with foundation papers, let alone the higher ones. Any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest