The Student Room Group

Should I buy the new study guides?

As you guys know, there is a new 9-1 spec, as a result, I can no longer use the old study guides that has been handed down to me from other people. Do you think the old study guides would be just as useful and there would be no need to buy the new ones? I don't want to be spending like £50 worth of books.
i got the new ones for maths, bio chem and phys cpg, although they aren't necessary and there are many useful things online or on youtube etc.
Original post by mez_merising
i got the new ones for maths, bio chem and phys cpg, although they aren't necessary and there are many useful things online or on youtube etc.

Do you recommend any sites or youtubers?
I take business studies, computer science, geography, french, triple science, (+core subjects maths and english)
Original post by sweetstars
Do you recommend any sites or youtubers?
I take business studies, computer science, geography, french, triple science, (+core subjects maths and english)

eve bennett (she got all A*)
ibz mo for general motivation
unjadedjade
primrose kitten
mr bruff
mysciencegcse or something

just type in '*********** gcse revision' and something is bound to come up x
Original post by mez_merising
eve bennett (she got all A*)
ibz mo for general motivation
unjadedjade
primrose kitten
mr bruff
mysciencegcse or something

just type in '*********** gcse revision' and something is bound to come up x

Thank you very much! :smile:
Reply 5
CGP ones are cheap on Amazon- you'll need guides for triple science in my opinion but the rest of the subjects u could do without them. Use Mr salles and mr Bruff for English!
Original post by sweetstars
As you guys know, there is a new 9-1 spec, as a result, I can no longer use the old study guides that has been handed down to me from other people. Do you think the old study guides would be just as useful and there would be no need to buy the new ones? I don't want to be spending like £50 worth of books.
The English revision guides are really helpful and the science ones are as well but it depends on how confident you feel about your subjects. Choose wisely 👍🏽

Quick Reply

Latest