The Student Room Group

Medicine

Hi, I'm currently doing biology, chemistry and history for a level. I'm thinking of perhaps doing medicine at university or if not then something science related like biochemistry etc. Would you say I change history to a subject that relates more to the science side rather than history or leave it cos I know that you need at least 2 sciences to do medicine
If you like history then stick with it; it will in no way put you at a disadvantage as long as you have chemistry and biology. I think Cambridge puts emphasis on having 3 sciences, UCL slightly prefers a contrasting non-science subject- at most other unis your third a level doesn't matter as long as it is 'rigorous' and 'academic' (which history is).

Better picking a non-science subject you can get an A in than getting a B in maths.
Reply 2
Original post by niamh787
If you like history then stick with it; it will in no way put you at a disadvantage as long as you have chemistry and biology. I think Cambridge puts emphasis on having 3 sciences, UCL slightly prefers a contrasting non-science subject- at most other unis your third a level doesn't matter as long as it is 'rigorous' and 'academic' (which history is).

Better picking a non-science subject you can get an A in than getting a B in maths.

Thank you, much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest