The Student Room Group

How Do Private Forums Work?

How do they work for personal statements? How do I know my ps cannot be seen by others. AAAAAHHHHHH
Original post by Dragon5555
How do they work for personal statements? How do I know my ps cannot be seen by others. AAAAAHHHHHH

Why have you posted this in the relationships forum?
Original post by PQ
Why have you posted this in the relationships forum?

I and my PS are having issues. :biggrin:

There's several forums on here which you can only see posts which you start, including the PS statement forum, AtCT etc.
The advisers are in a separate usergroup, and so they can see all the threads, as only that user group (and of course the CT) will have permissions to see all the threads, so no one else will be able to see them.
Other people definitely can't seen them (you can check by going into the forum...you shouldn't be able to see any posts in threads that you didn't start)
Hope this reassures you, the PS service is brilliant and is secure as it can be, especially after it was reopened the other week!
Original post by Lemur14
There's several forums on here which you can only see posts which you start, including the PS statement forum, AtCT etc.
The advisers are in a separate usergroup, and so they can see all the threads, as only that user group (and of course the CT) will have permissions to see all the threads, so no one else will be able to see them.
Other people definitely can't seen them (you can check by going into the forum...you shouldun't be able to see any posts in threads that you didn't start)
Hope this reassures you, the PS service is brilliant and is secure as it can be, especially after it was reopened the other week!

Thank you for replying. I read it is a group of individuals who have volunteered and got put off believing individuals who read my personal statement are simply able to upload it anywhere on the internet and that is my UCAS application dead. I realise many may think I am arrogant for thinking perhaps my PS is so good that they would take it but I do not feel this way i am just so lost. Maybe sleep is what I need.
(edited 6 years ago)
Thank you for replying. I read it is a group of individuals who have volunteered and got put off believing individuals who read my personal statement are simply able to upload it anywhere on the internet and that is my UCAS application dead. I realise many may think I am arrogant for thinking perhaps my PS is so good that they would take it but I do not feel this way i am just so lost. Maybe sleep is what I need.

No worries...apologies, I definitely wrote a reply to this when the quote first went through but it obviously didn't send properly :sadnod:
It is a group of people who have volunteered, but it is checked that they are all at least at university so they would have no need for taking your PS, and if they were ever found to do so I would suspect they would be removed from the team. I don't think you are arrogant, and I do understand your concerns, but I assure you that the PS reviewers are brilliant, and trustworthy, so wouldn't do such a thing.
Hope you're feeling better today!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending