The Student Room Group

AS retake

I am currently an A2 student and this years modules are C3, C4 and D1. Last year I did C1, C2 and M1. I got 70 in both C1 and C2 and 63 in M1 due to a rough year. I'm definetly going to take C1 and 2 this year to try and get an A but should I take M1 too or will it be too much work that will detract from my current revision?
Reply 1
It depends what grade you are aiming for. 63 is roughly a solid C whereas your 70s are weak Bs. If you’d like to secure a solid B it would be worth a retake
Hmm probably not worth it unless you are doing physics. If you aren't doing physics, everything from m1 will leave your head and you'll probably do even worse than the first time. Just c1 and 2 are fine, you'll just have to average a mid A rather than low on all 5 papers to get an A overall if that is what you are aiming for.
Original post by black1blade
Hmm probably not worth it unless you are doing physics. If you aren't doing physics, everything from m1 will leave your head and you'll probably do even worse than the first time. Just c1 and 2 are fine, you'll just have to average a mid A rather than low on all 5 papers to get an A overall if that is what you are aiming for.

I would like to do physics at university. Do you think that would change it?
Original post by charlottejp5
I would like to do physics at university. Do you think that would change it?

Are you doing physics a-level? If so then maybe you should resit m1. How much practice did you actually do for it (aka how many past papers)?
Are you doing physics a-level? If so then maybe you should resit m1. How much practice did you actually do for it (aka how many past papers)?

I am doing physics at A level. I did some preparation for M1, I did about 5 past papers but that's less that I did for C1 and C2. The module was never very strong for me
I am doing physics at A level. I did some preparation for M1, I did about 5 past papers but that's less that I did for C1 and C2. The module was never very strong for me

5 past papers is nothing, I did at least a dozen for m1 and like 65 overall for c3,4 and m1 this year.
Reply 7
Given that C1 and C2 are in Mid to late may and C3 and C4 are on the 19th and 22nd June if I am correct this year it should be okay to revise for, um M1 is on the 6th of June haha so just check it doesn't collide too badly with other exams. Anybody who does M1 And A2 CCEA physics this year has the privilege of sitting M1 2 days before and after their A2 units.... fun

[Edexcel btw]
5 past papers is nothing, I did at least a dozen for m1 and like 65 overall for c3,4 and m1 this year.

I understand that some people do a load more work than I did which is why I wasn't surprised by the mark however I had a lot of personal family issues during the revision period last year and so it was really hard for me to fit in. I asked the original question because I want to put more work in this year however I didn't know if M1 retake would get in the was of A2 modules revision
I understand that some people do a load more work than I did which is why I wasn't surprised by the mark however I had a lot of personal family issues during the revision period last year and so it was really hard for me to fit in. I asked the original question because I want to put more work in this year however I didn't know if M1 retake would get in the was of A2 modules revision

Yeah it really depends how much you think you can improve- if you think you can smash the mid A in the other modules then I wouldn't bother :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest