The Student Room Group

9709 P62 Oct/Nov 2017

Did anyone understand how to do the third question on the Cambridge maths paper 62, statistics, for oct/nov 2017.
Original post by Aleveler99
Did anyone understand how to do the third question on the Cambridge maths paper 62, statistics, for oct/nov 2017.

Me neither.
That question was really tough indeed.
Also I think this paper and paper 1 was tough. Will that give any advantages over making the grade threshold? Because I heard that the grade threshold depends on the diffculty of paper. Is that true?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Aleveler99

P(X=3) = P(red, red, blue)

For prob distribution, you needed to work out P(X=1) and P(X=2) as well and put the results in a table. X=1,2 and 3 were the only possibilities
Reply 3
P62 was pretty easy. I predict the threshold for A to be a 40/50 .P12 was surprisingly very simple .. A would be 61/75 perhaps
Original post by Kooheji
P62 was pretty easy. I predict the threshold for A to be a 40/50 .P12 was surprisingly very simple .. A would be 61/75 perhaps

Oh okay. What about for grade B? I think I will get B so.
Reply 5
Original post by kundanad
Oh okay. What about for grade B? I think I will get B so.

The thresholds should be lower than may June .. so for a B it could be above 35/50 in p62 and maybe above 50/75 in p12
Original post by Kooheji
The thresholds should be lower than may June .. so for a B it could be above 35/50 in p62 and maybe above 50/75 in p12

Oh okay. What about in total of 125? How much do I need in total to get B?
Yeah hope so.
Reply 7
Original post by kundanad
Oh okay. What about in total of 125? How much do I need in total to get B?
Yeah hope so.

Could be 90/125
Reply 8
Guys! Any updates or anything about the question paper ?? Or atleast the solution of it ??? I'm talking about 9709 Oct/nov 2017 p62 and p12.

Quick Reply

Latest