The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Construction dissertation help!

Hi Everyone,

Im in need of some help. Basically I am doing my dissertation this year and I am stuck on a title, objective and aims.

I have come up with a title that i wanted to research on which is;

Can integrating the use of technology (such as BIM for eg) motivate undergrads (QS and CM) to work together.

Now my supervisor said its a question but not a researchable question and I need to change this title so I am able to use it as a research question.

Can anyone give me ideas based on the use of emotion like motivation and technology put together to help impact the undergrads in construction such as the quantity surveyors and construction managers etc I am really struggling on trying to change this into a decent research question.

Much Appreciated Thanks.
Original post by H_2017
Hi Everyone,

Im in need of some help. Basically I am doing my dissertation this year and I am stuck on a title, objective and aims.

I have come up with a title that i wanted to research on which is;

Can integrating the use of technology (such as BIM for eg) motivate undergrads (QS and CM) to work together.

Now my supervisor said its a question but not a researchable question and I need to change this title so I am able to use it as a research question.

Can anyone give me ideas based on the use of emotion like motivation and technology put together to help impact the undergrads in construction such as the quantity surveyors and construction managers etc I am really struggling on trying to change this into a decent research question.

Much Appreciated Thanks.

Hey,

I'm in a similar position at the moment - I have a 'research question', but I have been struggling to narrow the topic down!

Although I can't offer you direct help (it is not my area of expertise), I could suggest a book that has been really useful to me so far: Stella Cottrell (2014) 'Dissertations and project reports: a step by step guide'. There's quite a lot of tips for the planning process of the dissertation and advice on how to form a question to investigate.

Hope this helps a bit.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by annablagg
Hey,

I'm in a similar position at the moment - I have a 'research question', but I have been struggling to narrow the topic down!

Although I can't offer you direct help (it is not my area of expertise), I could suggest a book that has been really useful to me so far: Stella Cottrell (2014) 'Dissertations and project reports: a step by step guide'. There's quite a lot of tips for the planning process of the dissertation and advice on how to form a question to investigate.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks I appreciate the help and good luck with yours aha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending