The Student Room Group

Big storm coming!

Scroll to see replies

The sky was orange / yellow here is bristol
Reply 61
Original post by moonkatt
The sky's gone a funny orange/red colour here in Birmingham, apparently it's dust from the Sahara that this storm's blown up with it

Its been beautiful to be honest, and my cats look eerie in it.
Storms not only vary in intensity, they also come in funny colors too! Here's a nice dark blue one

And this is a big MOFUin red one:

They is both bigger and windier than the one in Ireland aswell! This one even has a funny shape altho techinically, that is a jet stream. Its still a high velocity atmospheric gas tho, so relevant.

Sometimes, after a long time between major storms, F'ing TWO COME TOGETHER!

Original post by Laomedeia

And this is a big MOFUin red one:

Jupiter?

Sometimes, after a long time between major storms, F'ing TWO COME TOGETHER!

Not on a beach somewhere is it?
Original post by Camilli
Jupiter?

Not on a beach somewhere is it?

Yeah, red one is on Jupiter. The double storm is an actual thing, not 2 pics superimposed (how do you do that anyway? I only have Paint). They have been observed both at the North Pole and the South Pole of Venus.
Reply 65
Anyone writing / written AS 9389 History for October November 2017? Paper 12/13??
yh here in london the sun and the sky is also gone all orange
I'm an apocalypse now?
i saw a chicken fly by when i was on the bus today, the farmer was chasing it with a butterfly net:colone:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Although another way to look at it is that global warming is progressing and the Sahara Desert is making preliminary moves to expanding to include Britain.

I think we've got a malarial swamp phase to look forward to before it arrives properly.
Original post by Joinedup
I think we've got a malarial swamp phase to look forward to before it arrives properly.

A mangrove forest is starting to develop at the bottom of our fridge. Does that count?
Am I the only one who loves this kind of weather? Obviously I wouldn't want to be THAT close to the storm where my life is in danger but somehow being blown around by the wind is really calming to me. :colonhash:
Original post by EthanSpiderboy
Am I the only one who loves this kind of weather? Obviously I wouldn't want to be THAT close to the storm where my life is in danger but somehow being blown around by the wind is really calming to me. :colonhash:

I like listening to it from indoors as the trees shake and the windows rattle, preferably with warming cocoa and a duvet over me. :teehee:
it is an omen i tell thee
I like listening to it from indoors as the trees shake and the windows rattle, preferably with warming cocoa and a duvet over me. :teehee:

Oh hell yes! That's actually my definition of heaven. I've got an app on my phone that simulates the sound of nature (thunder, rain, wind, etc) which I listen to when I get stressed/anxious and it's so calming.
Original post by the bear
it is an omen i tell thee

Tis prophecied by the Dark Lord. :devil:
Tis prophecied by the Dark Lord. :devil:

do you mean Boris ?

:holmes:
Original post by the bear
do you mean Boris ?

:holmes:

He is the one known as the Anti-Cripes.
It felt like the world was ending yesterday morning. It was very surreal but fascinating.
He is the one known as the Anti-Cripes.

he will sort the Whiff from the Whaff

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending