The Student Room Group

Leaving Sixth Form

Hi Everyone,

I am at least 5 weeks into education at my current Sixth Form and I have been really unhappy and wanting to leave. I am a boarder at my current college and have been told that I will have a meeting next tuesday (24th October) about this decision. This leaves me with a week to decide where I want to go to.

However, it’s mid-october and I understand most colleges do not have any enrolment places left and aren’t accepting. I’ve been searching for various colleges in London but have found that the colleges I want to go to are no longer accepting. I am very scared that I cannot find a sixth form if I leave and I am very unsure what to do; if I do leave, I may be left college-less. I am confident that I want to leave as it really and truly makes me unhappy here. If I do find a college, what should I do about it until I have my meeting on tuesday? Please, can someone urgently help me?

Many thanks
Talk to the colleges that you're interested in. They may say on their websites that they don't have places, but if you explain your situation they may consider you. I hope you do manage to sort it out, but try that as a first step! Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CaraStudying
Talk to the colleges that you're interested in. They may say on their websites that they don't have places, but if you explain your situation they may consider you. I hope you do manage to sort it out, but try that as a first step! Good luck :smile:

Thank you for your help! I’ve contact the sixth forms and inquired about places.

However, the 2 out of 3 Colleges have said there are no spaces left and have advised me I should stay in my current sixth form. This has left me really worried about the last sixth form and their response. I do not wish to stay at my current sixth form as I really dread it and do not like it here at all. What should I do?
Original post by Tqngu
Thank you for your help! I’ve contact the sixth forms and inquired about places.

However, the 2 out of 3 Colleges have said there are no spaces left and have advised me I should stay in my current sixth form. This has left me really worried about the last sixth form and their response. I do not wish to stay at my current sixth form as I really dread it and do not like it here at all. What should I do?

If it's not possible to move, think about what specifically it is you don't like about your current sixth form before your meeting. If you can bring this up, they may be able to help you with these issues as much as possible and you may decide it's tolerable to stay there.

Quick Reply

Latest