The Student Room Group

Urgent answer needed: drop out

I know that if you drop out of university when your course has already started and student loan has already been paid to you, that you have to pay it back.
What if I have no choice but to drop out of uni due to sickness and health !!?? Would I still have to pay back what student finance had paid me for that year??? Cos I have no job due to my sickness. I have just given birth to my son, which has caused more serious health problems. It would be impossible to pay anything back!
Original post by Jessicajane0x
I know that if you drop out of university when your course has already started and student loan has already been paid to you, that you have to pay it back.
What if I have no choice but to drop out of uni due to sickness and health !!?? Would I still have to pay back what student finance had paid me for that year??? Cos I have no job due to my sickness. I have just given birth to my son, which has caused more serious health problems. It would be impossible to pay anything back!

Hi Jessicajane0x,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're facing.

If you withdraw and have been paid more funding than you were entitled to then yes, we will request that this is paid back.

However, there will be more information about the process sent out to you once we've processed the withdrawal notification the university send.

You can then contact the team that deal with overpayments and discuss your situation with them. Given the circumstances they may be able to put an arrangement in place.

Regards,

Stuart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending