The Student Room Group

Do I put dance/drama grades on my UCAS?

What the title says basically, do I do it? I have grade 6 verse and prose and grade 6 acting with LAMDA (merit and distinction respectively) and a number of dance grades with BTDA (there's quite a few of them so I can't list them all). I know I definitely get UCAS points from my drama exams and some of my dance exams so do I put those on my application?
Also I'm definitely taking my grade 7 LAMDA acting in November and my grade 8 LAMDA acting at some point next year (I think May) so should I also put those on as pending?
Original post by IfYouCanDreamIt
What the title says basically, do I do it? I have grade 6 verse and prose and grade 6 acting with LAMDA (merit and distinction respectively) and a number of dance grades with BTDA (there's quite a few of them so I can't list them all). I know I definitely get UCAS points from my drama exams and some of my dance exams so do I put those on my application?
Also I'm definitely taking my grade 7 LAMDA acting in November and my grade 8 LAMDA acting at some point next year (I think May) so should I also put those on as pending?

Are you applying for a related course? You generally only get the ucas points if it's related.
Original post by claireestelle
Are you applying for a related course? You generally only get the ucas points if it's related.

No, I'm applying for history. So is it pointless putting them on my UCAS?

Yeah it's not necessary really
Yeah it's not necessary really

Okay thank you! On a side note, do you reckon it would be worth mentioning them in my personal statement?
Okay thank you! On a side note, do you reckon it would be worth mentioning them in my personal statement?

Not really
Not really

Okay, thank you for your help

They wont be used in your offer conditions - you should still declare them on your education section.
Original post by PQ
They wont be used in your offer conditions - you should still declare them on your education section.

Okay thank you. For the ones I'm definitely taking but haven't taken yet should I put them as pending or leave them off?
Okay thank you. For the ones I'm definitely taking but haven't taken yet should I put them as pending or leave them off?

Put them as pending

Yes! I did! But put dance in context ie. time management, people skills etc, ambition to learn skills and pick up information quickly etc.
Original post by Helenarems
Yes! I did! But put dance in context ie. time management, people skills etc, ambition to learn skills and pick up information quickly etc.

Ah great thank you! I'll definitely do it like that
I disagree... If a person dances 20 hours a week and has the same grades than an individual that has no extracurricular activities implies that is more organized with his time, has more passion and overall is a higher achiever...
Original post by Firenze2011
I disagree... If a person dances 20 hours a week and has the same grades than an individual that has no extracurricular activities implies that is more organized with his time, has more passion and overall is a higher achiever...

Who are you disagreeing with?

Quick Reply

Latest