The Student Room Group

Pre dental/ Gateway to Dentistry 2018 Dundee

Anyone applying for this? Particularly non-science applicants. Has anyone done this year? How many places are available? Does the selection process differ from the 5 year course?

Any information is appreciated, I can hardly find anything about this course, only what is stated on the website.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alanna35
Anyone applying for this? Particularly non-science applicants. Has anyone done this year? How many places are available? Does the selection process differ from the 5 year course?

Any information is appreciated, I can hardly find anything about this course, only what is stated on the website.

I am!!!
I have applied for Birmingham Bristol Newcastle Dundee-Gateway and Birmingham- Dental Hygiene
Reply 2
Original post by Sheikhbrumie99
I am!!!
I have applied for Birmingham Bristol Newcastle Dundee-Gateway and Birmingham- Dental Hygiene

Are u applying for the non-science course?! how'd u do on ur UKCAT?
Are u applying for the non-science course?! how'd u do on ur UKCAT?

No im applying for science based
Got 655
You?
Reply 4
No im applying for science based
Got 655
You?

Oh right , I've applied for the non-science entry and I can't find anything about it apart from what is on the website, I got 640!
Oh right , I've applied for the non-science entry and I can't find anything about it apart from what is on the website, I got 640!
the gateway to dentistry is for both science and non science based...they only allow science based people if they had mitigating circumstances
Reply 6
the gateway to dentistry is for both science and non science based...they only allow science based people if they had mitigating circumstances

Yea but from the statistics I've been able to find, there's maybe 2 places for non science but I was unable to find the number of places for science based with circumstances 😬 I've no idear how many are going for non science
Reply 7
Hi,I've applied for the Gateway to Dentistry at Dundee as well. Has anyone received any interview invites yet?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by AMil13
Hi,I've applied for the Gateway to Dentistry at Dundee as well. Has anyone received any interview invites yet?

Have u applied for non-science or science, how did u do in ur UKCAT and how r ur predicted grades
Reply 9
Non-science, 600 Band A. I already have a degree in a non-science subject but want a career change.
Original post by AMil13

I haven't but that's because the UKCAT scores have not been sent to universities yet.
Reply 11
Original post by AMil13
Non-science, 600 Band A. I already have a degree in a non-science subject but want a career change.

Ohhhhh I'm applying for non-science, ur the only other person who has applied that I'm aware off
any of you guys heard anything yet? I heard there's only 4 people doing pre-dental this year at Dundee
Reply 13
Original post by WestKanye2016
any of you guys heard anything yet? I heard there's only 4 people doing pre-dental this year at Dundee

Nothing yet, have u applied for this year?
Got an interview :smile: Gateway to dentistry(science based)
Reply 15
Got an interview :smile: Gateway to dentistry(science based)

Well done 👍🏻, what time did u get it?
Well done 👍🏻, what time did u get it?

Haven’t picked yet...will once i get home😃
Reply 17
unsuccessful :\ I was so excited for Dundee as well
I have applied for this course and have an interview!
Reply 19
Original post by black socks2000
I have applied for this course and have an interview!

Aw well done 👍🏻 wat was your UKCAT

Quick Reply

Latest