Reply 20
Original post by veeraxox
I acc applies with 2A* and A prediction

Applied where, for which course?

one girl who went to a boarding school-- got 4A* biomedical science oxford
one guy who went to private school-- got 4A* biomedical science oxford

one guy who went to TOP GRAMMAR school got 4A* PPE OXFORD

Their offer requirement was 4A*, or they achieved 4A*? Requirements are very different to achievements... and both are very different to predictions, for that matter.
Reply 21
Original post by Doonesbury
Applied where, for which course?

Their offer requirement was 4A*, or they achieved 4A*? Requirements are very different to achievements... and both are very different to predictions, for that matter.

they achieved 4A*
Reply 22
they achieved 4A*

Great. And how is that relevant to my point? Of course people get 3 or 4 A*, the point, once again, it's not required if you have an AAA offer.

Approx 3% of all students achieve A*A*A* or better. It's perfectly fine to aim for it, but not to stress over it, especially when you have a lower offer requirement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Great. And how is that relevant to my point? Of course people get 3 or 4 A*, the point, once again, it's not required if you have an AAA offer.

Approx 3% of all students achieve A*A*A* or better. It's perfectly fine to aim for it, but not to stress over it, especially when you have a lower offer requirement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

where did u get that stat pls quite source
Reply 24
where did u get that stat pls quite source

From UCAS.

1508263016377.jpg

3.4%

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure IB is included in UCAS points right? I saw at 2011 table on gov.uk that said 2.2% of people get 3A* and I know the A* rate has gone down a lot since then, so I'd assume it's between 1.5%-2%.
Reply 26
Original post by GovernmentEarner
I'm sure IB is included in UCAS points right? I saw at 2011 table on gov.uk that said 2.2% of people get 3A* and I know the A* rate has gone down a lot since then, so I'd assume it's between 1.5%-2%.

Yep - so A*A*A* or equivalent. (And of course some sundry other qualifications will be adding to it too - so, for eaxmple, A*A*A plus an EPQ and Grade 8 music might do it, etc...)

People get A*A*A*. But people *very* rarely have it as an Offer requirement,
Reply 27

ty

Quick Reply

Latest