The Student Room Group

Sexually harassed by flatmate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well mixed fLts always pose a problem if a girl is singled out especially if the other say nothing in way of support and ignore! As I said many an experience lead one to draw on so called friends who might one day move on and forget about a plight of a girl singled out and if they are reminded the only thing they can say in defence is silence!
Reply 21
Original post by Jessue
Well mixed fLts always pose a problem if a girl is singled out especially if the other say nothing in way of support and ignore! As I said many an experience lead one to draw on so called friends who might one day move on and forget about a plight of a girl singled out and if they are reminded the only thing they can say in defence is silence!

Yes an issue is that everybody knows it is happening but nobody has said anything to him. They made it worse last night but coming into my room and not leaving me alone, which is why he followed them in, because they wanted me to 'go off on one' at him. I was visibly more upset than angry and i am not the only person with the ability to do that, you can speak up too guys!!
Reply 22
Original post by LucyRose6
Yes an issue is that everybody knows it is happening but nobody has said anything to him. They made it worse last night but coming into my room and not leaving me alone, which is why he followed them in, because they wanted me to 'go off on one' at him. I was visibly more upset than angry and i am not the only person with the ability to do that, you can speak up too guys!!

Just take your things move out and avoid its far better than expecting male friends to confront on your behalf because friends between men and women only extend to the sex of one . Either you have women friends or men . Unlikely that men friends will do anything against another man when men stick together your best hope is to follow advice of a woman and leave that man alone . Avoid at all cost and move out
Reply 23
Thought I would provide an update: last night we played a drinking game as a flat, (I was just over the border of tipsy before anyone tries to say I was sooo wasted I don't remember or something) and he stroked my leg as he was getting up from sitting on the floor which a female flatmate fully witnessed. O confronted him loudly in front of everyone, he denied it, I confronted him about the night before which he at first denied and then said happened because I was too lazy to quickly jump out of the way. He stormed off and left the flat all together when the male flatmate present sided with us, meeting the other male downstairs who told him to apologise. He is trying to pretend it is all a joke yet it is clear from things that have happened he knew I was upset. I am currently leaning more towards reporting him but I will wait and see if anything happens this morning.
Original post by LucyRose6
Thought I would provide an update: last night we played a drinking game as a flat, (I was just over the border of tipsy before anyone tries to say I was sooo wasted I don't remember or something) and he stroked my leg as he was getting up from sitting on the floor which a female flatmate fully witnessed. O confronted him loudly in front of everyone, he denied it, I confronted him about the night before which he at first denied and then said happened because I was too lazy to quickly jump out of the way. He stormed off and left the flat all together when the male flatmate present sided with us, meeting the other male downstairs who told him to apologise. He is trying to pretend it is all a joke yet it is clear from things that have happened he knew I was upset. I am currently leaning more towards reporting him but I will wait and see if anything happens this morning.

I really wouldn't wait at this point. The longer it goes on the more he is going to think it's OK... a drunken outburst isn't the same as a serious sober conversation. Either speak to him sober or report him. It is scary to confront something like this and it can feel like doing something is making it bigger and more 'real' (I got harassed at work so I understand how you feel) but you don't deserve to keep putting up with this and sometimes it can take time for anything to happen so it's best to get the process started asap.
Original post by Michael Spearing
i understand the issues however i think he may have just misunderstood flirtacious actions? It doesnt seem overly serious but maybe you should try and move dorm/flat or have him removed.I hear blue suede shoes can help. Hope this helped x

no way, she clearly said he makes her feel uncomfortable to a degree where other people notice, she yells at him to move his legs etc, pls stop normalising this kind of behaviour. stop blaming women for 'asking for it' or 'leading men on' or 'flirting' when men assault and harass them. it's down to him to act like a decent human being and respect her.

he literally kicked her in the crotch, purposefully puts her into positions where she is forced to move around/touch him and is completely out of control of the situation. he regularly violates her physical boundaries. it's not acceptable. he should be the one to move.
Reply 26
Original post by SalazarSlytherin
This is so ****ing childish, grow up OP

I agree get your act together girlie and decide one way or the other the longer you wait the more people will think your enjoying the attention . So if you are really bothered by it do yourself a favour and report him otherwise sit tight and enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending