The Student Room Group

Why do shy, inexperienced guys like me struggle to get girlfriends?

If girls like shy, inexperienced guys? Why do the arrogant guys who sleep with any girl they meet on a night out can easily get a girlfriend?

Scroll to see replies

yeah well shy inexperienced girls struggle even more.
I don't know, maybe because you have the unreasonable expectation that you deserve a girlfriend and then immediately demonstrate your poor character by negatively commenting on other men who may or may not have a girlfriend?
I think a lot of girls like guys to be forward, show their interest, hence they'll go for the guys that are confident enough to do so. From what I've seen, very few girls have the confidence to make the first move, which is a shame really. So if you're quiet, it doesn't always mean someone isn't interested in you, they could just be waiting for you to make the first move which you won't do if you're too shy. You can't expect girls to just fall for you if you don't do anything.
(edited 6 years ago)
tone the entitlement down a notch and maybe some poor girl will like you
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger
I don't know, maybe because you have the unreasonable expectation that you deserve a girlfriend and then immediately demonstrate your poor character by negatively commenting on other men who may or may not have a girlfriend?

Oh thanks
Reply 6
Original post by geocentriic
tone the entitlement down a notch and maybe some poor girl will like you

Don’t you mean human rights? I’m as autistic 22 year old deserve love.
Reply 7
What if you’re shy and ugly? I’ve been called ugly a few times and I’d girls showing me signs that they think I’m ugly e.g. blocking me on snapchat when I show them a photo of myself, getting my fiend request declined, walking away at nights out when I try to approach them
Original post by Anonymous
Don’t you mean human rights? I’m as autistic 22 year old deserve love.

You don't have a right to demand love from people.
From my experience as a previous shy guy, the shyness will turn a situation awkward. If you really want a girl to consider you then you need to show them why they should date you. You need to be confident and playful around them by teasing them. Also don't be afraid of being a bit sexual towards them (not too much) because you're not there to friend-zoned, and you need to show this. Obviously... relationships need a bit of sexiness...

If this does not persuade you to be more confident then a good heart break (when the girl you really like either dates someone else or cuts off contact with you) will surely wake you up.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
You don't have a right to demand love from people.

Love is for everyone.
From my experience as a previous shy guy, the shyness will turn a situation awkward. If you really want a girl to consider you then you need to show them why they should date you. You need to be confident and playful around them by teasing them. Also don't be afraid of being a bit sexual towards them (not too much) because you're not there to friend-zoned, and you need to show this. Obviously... relationships need a bit of sexiness...

If this does not persuade you to be more confident then a good heart break (when the girl you really like either dates someone else or cuts off contact with you) will surely wake you up.

Awesome advice but I don’t want to be seen as pervert or someone who doesn’t leave them kind of guy.
Love is for everyone.

But not FROM everyone.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
But not FROM everyone.

Everyone deserves love even the disabled
The clue is in meeting on 'a night out'. Mostly, those 'girls just wanna have fun.'

[video="youtube;PIb6AZdTr-A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A&list=RDPIb6AZdTr-A[/video]
The majority of girls like a confident, dominant guy, if a guy has been with other girls before, he'll know how to dominate, I mean it's blatantly obviously that you're not exactly gonna be chaining someone down if it's your first time!
In my experience, "inexperienced guys" are just annoying and don't know how to act in sexual/romantic situations, like I was recently at a guys house, making moves on him, making it blatantly obvious I wanted to have sex (I mean I was literally taking clothes off and hinting at touching him!) yet he didn't understand and waited HOURS to reciprocate and by that time I was just soo angry at him that I just went home.
You sound like one of those guys that says "Why do girls never go for the NICE GUYS like me??? They always go for douch bags!! Wahh wahh waaaa!! 😭😭". Like chill, sorry girls don't wanna be with some socially awkward, self-entitled guy
Everyone deserves love even the disabled

You basically just repeated your last post. See my last post.
You'll find the right person for you when it's meant to be, and the shyness and awkwardness will wear off, don't worry.
Reply 18
Well if you’re looking for the kind of love that only lasts one night and doesn’t go anywhere, maybe you meet up and have sex every now and then, but you don’t have anything serious then it’s time for a character/personality change but no girl wants that kind of stuff with a shy guy.

If you’re in it for a real relationship and real love then accept yourself, be proud of yourself and you’ll be surprised at how many girls actually like shy guys, what girls don’t like are guys who aren’t confident with who they are.. which kind of goes both ways since most guys want a confident girl and confidence can easily make people overlook your flaws.

As for being ugly, idk.. people say they’re ugly when they’re not but if you want I can share my views on plastic surgery? I’m all for it to an extent. But don’t rely on it to build your confidence which is more important than apperence in my opinion.
Original post by December126
The majority of girls like a confident, dominant guy, if a guy has been with other girls before, he'll know how to dominate, I mean it's blatantly obviously that you're not exactly gonna be chaining someone down if it's your first time!
In my experience, "inexperienced guys" are just annoying and don't know how to act in sexual/romantic situations, like I was recently at a guys house, making moves on him, making it blatantly obvious I wanted to have sex (I mean I was literally taking clothes off and hinting at touching him!) yet he didn't understand and waited HOURS to reciprocate and by that time I was just soo angry at him that I just went home.
You sound like one of those guys that says "Why do girls never go for the NICE GUYS like me??? They always go for douch bags!! Wahh wahh waaaa!! 😭😭". Like chill, sorry girls don't wanna be with some socially awkward, self-entitled guy

Here’s comes the feminist playing the self-entitled card because they don’t know what’s it like to be in anyone else’s shoes. I don’t label myself as nice guy I said I was shy because I know the bad reputation those ‘nice guys’ get. It’s human rights that everyone deserves love stop trying to knock us atypical guys down. Self-entitled people are more like the ones who could boyfriend/girlfriend easily and univeisty students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending