The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good luck everyone. I am a third year here so if you have any questions, fire away and I can (try to) answer.
Reply 2
Original post by usycool1
Good luck everyone. I am a third year here so if you have any questions, fire away and I can (try to) answer.

How do you find Imperial? And what advice would you give for the BMAT?
I've applied here! Fell in love with the whole uni at the open day in June so I'm praying the BMAT goes well! :redface:
Hi guys, I've applied here too :smile: how are you all finding bmat revision so far?
Original post by asdfghjklgcses
Hi guys, I've applied here too :smile: how are you all finding bmat revision so far?

pretty bad tbh - finding it hard to fit it in around my A Level work since my teachers are setting SO much work and tests all the time (especially for the sciences), and doing 4 maths modules simultaneously is taking its toll :frown:
Going to try and hammer it out in the half term though. How about you? :smile:
Original post by surina16
pretty bad tbh - finding it hard to fit it in around my A Level work since my teachers are setting SO much work and tests all the time (especially for the sciences), and doing 4 maths modules simultaneously is taking its toll :frown:
Going to try and hammer it out in the half term though. How about you? :smile:

I'm in exactly the same situation :/ everything is starting to pile up now! I have 4 tests in the space of a week and I'm not coping with it all well:s-smilie: Lucky for you - because I'm in Wales our half term is the week of the BMAT :frown:
Original post by Kmalamp
How do you find Imperial? And what advice would you give for the BMAT?

I really like it in here in general, the teaching is actually pretty good and the hospital which I am based in has pretty good teaching.

Section 1 of the BMAT, my suggestion is to do as many practice questions as possible. Not just the past papers - use TSA papers and A-Level Critical Thinking papers. I think both are slightly easier than the BMAT, especially the A-Level critical thinking papers (I suggest reducing the official time limit for those questions too).

For section 2, make sure you know the online science guide very well. The content itself isn't too difficult, it's mainly timing and knowing when to not let your ego get in the way and skip a question that you know you can do but will take long. The science is really very applied too, so it's all about practise again.

Section 3 - if you're only applying to Imperial, just make sure that you answer ALL parts of the question in decent English. That way, you should get a 3A at least and that should meet the cut off. Of course, try to write good points too to try to push the mark up a bit - the higher your BMAT score, the greater priority you are given for interview.
Reply 8
How do people just look at those BMAT quotes and understand what they mean, I just hope there's a statement as one of the options.
Also a heads up for everyone since there will only be 3 questions to choose from in section 3 rather than 4. I read it somewhere on the BMAT website :smile:
Has anyone received the confirmation email yet?
Original post by asdfghjklgcses
Has anyone received the confirmation email yet?

Yeah I got mine the morning after my UCAS was submitted
Hi, applied to Imperial for Medicine and Medical Biosciences(5th choice). Got AA in maths, further maths as levels and predicted A*A*A* in Chem, Bio and Maths. Hopefully, my BMAT goes well!! Has anyone found any websites with free BMAT resources? Thanks and good luck to everyone!
Original post by dontplayyourself
Hi guys,

When I was applying last year, I found Oxford Medical Case Reports a good resource for short medical cases. Plus the interviewers liked the fact that I was aware of a few real life cases. I've attached the links to the facebook page below.

Hope it helps!

https://www.facebook.com/OxfordMedicalCaseReports/

Yo stop spamming the med school forums, plus 1. no one expects us to know about such things 2. In no world would the interviewer ask us about anything that specific, nor can you somehow integrate it in your answer 3. you applied 2 years ago for dentistry not medicine. People are better off reading BBC health
Thank you for making this thread😊😊
Reply 14
Anyone received a confirmation email?
Original post by wazz123
Thank you for making this thread😊😊

You're most welcome :smile:

Original post by obi145
Anyone received a confirmation email?

Yeah, maybe check your junk or spam?
Hi Guys! International student here doing IB :smile: What should I be getting for section 1 bMAT to be competitive ??
Original post by luckkong123
Hi Guys! International student here doing IB :smile: What should I be getting for section 1 bMAT to be competitive ??

Last year the cut offs were around 4.5 for section 1 and 2 and then 2.5 for section 3, and the averages around the country were 5.0 so I assume 6.0 would be really good, since that is enough to get an interview at oxbridge generally. I don't really know if it's different for international students?
Original post by luckkong123

for us internationals, a score of above 6 is a competitive score, the average of international offer holders for 2016 entry was 6.0 :smile: Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Mo_elheramy
for us internationals, a score of above 6 is a competitive score, the average of international offer holders for 2016 entry was 6.0 :smile: Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Ohh okk, I'll try to aim for that in my tests. I am from Hong Kong :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending