The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

medicine age requirement

Hi I'll be 17 by 20 Dec., this year- I'm applying for medicine at Aberdeen but I can't find their age requirement anywhere on their site

Do you think this would be an issue

ps: I can tell you I'm more mature than anyone I've met so far
Original post by catacat
Hi I'll be 17 by 20 Dec., this year- I'm applying for medicine at Aberdeen but I can't find their age requirement anywhere on their site

Do you think this would be an issue

ps: I can tell you I'm more mature than anyone I've met so far

Any university course doesn't need an age requirement. Some courses may have height and physical requirements but other than that you should be fine.
Also you are going to finish your A-Levels and apply for university through UCAS, so everything is going accordingly.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Original post by Beautystyle12
Any university course doesn't need an age requirement. Some courses may have height and physical requirements but other than that you should be fine.
Also you are going to finish your A-Levels and apply for university through UCAS, so everything is going accordingly.

Umm, no. For most medicine in most universities you have to be at least 18- there are exceptions, that's why I'm asking

also which course has a height requirement?
Original post by catacat
Umm, no. For most medicine in most universities you have to be at least 18- there are exceptions, that's why I'm asking

also which course has a height requirement?

Normally after doing 2 years of A-Level you apply to UCAS for university.
I missed your age on your post- Sorry.
Also- its not a strict requirement but I think for Radiography they mention something about height but it depends on the Universities.
Reply 5
Normally after doing 2 years of A-Level you apply to UCAS for university.
I missed your age on your post- Sorry.
Also- its not a strict requirement but I think for Radiography they mention something about height but it depends on the Universities.

That's ridiculous, it's one thing to have an age requirement but something physical you can't control- that's just not fair
After all isn't one of medicine's 4 pillars justice ?
Original post by catacat
That's ridiculous, it's one thing to have an age requirement but something physical you can't control- that's just not fair
After all isn't one of medicine's 4 pillars justice ?

Physically fit* Physical strength to pick heavy things up etc.*- Everything depends on what you want to do in the future as a career etc.
I hope whatever I said helped. If not I am sorry.:s-smilie:
Reply 7
Physically fit* Physical strength to pick heavy things up etc.*- Everything depends on what you want to do in the future as a career etc.
I hope whatever I said helped. If not I am sorry.:s-smilie:

What you said was irrelevant to my question - I just found it ridiculous there are physical requirements

Thanks anyways

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending