The Student Room Group

Is this bad?

is it bad that i just started yr 12 and i have no idea what i want to do at uni , i see all my friends talk about how they want to do this course or that course and it motivates them alot , help. I'm taking bio chem and history a-level btw
I think as long as you have a rough list of the courses you can do with the subjects you have chosen, and you're open to one of those courses, then you'll be fine. I would suggest going to uni open days if you haven't already - there's a bunch of cambridge masterclasses coming up, by the way.
No it’s not bad, you’ve just started A Levels and you’ve got another year before it apply to uni, so in that year just research potential courses to do and see if you like them or not
Reply 3
No it's totally not bad at all because I've got plenty friends who themselves don't know what they would like to do after a-levels but thing is since you are doing bio plus chem... this opens door for any science-related career so I guess for you just make mindmaps or just think about potential different career choices rather than 1 then after a few months, once you are determined and focused on 1 career choice just go and pursue it, my friend. Similarly, there will probably opportunities in your school where you'll be going places or seeing things which may interest you... For example next month in my school, there will be some biology-related show in my school and since I also do Biology it may be good for me to attend.

BTW, I'm also in year 12.

Original post by Ray_Shadows
is it bad that i just started yr 12 and i have no idea what i want to do at uni , i see all my friends talk about how they want to do this course or that course and it motivates them alot , help. I'm taking bio chem and history a-level btw
I'm applying for uni this year and I only decided what I want to do a week ago... trust me, you're fine.
Besides, you'll find a lot of your friends who are 'sure' of what they want to study will end up changing their minds.
Original post by Sunset891
Besides, you'll find a lot of your friends who are 'sure' of what they want to study will end up changing their minds.

yeh maybe
I'm in year 13 now with the UCAS deadline fast approaching and there are still people I know who haven't decided on unis and courses yet so don't worry! Just look at courses you think you might enjoy, check the entry requirements to make sure you can do them. You don't need a solid idea now so I'd recommend just doing a bit of research and going to some open days to get some inspiration!
Im doing biology, chemistry and history as well. I've got 2 years to decide on what I want to do, I love the idea of forensic science but I also like the idea of biochemistry. You've got 2 years to decide :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest