The Student Room Group

Online degrees

Hi
I'm looking for an online (Bachelors) degree in one of the following areas: Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (Both?), Mechatronics, Robotics Engineering..
Haven't been successful so far... Most unis either have limitations (like citizenship requirement) or a very high tuition fee. Also, I'm already an international student in UK (Computer Science 2nd year), so I want to try and do a second degree online along with my current course.
Any advice on my situation? Or may be someone knows a uni that would accept me on one of the mentioned degrees with a relatively low tuition fee (<10000 a year)? Or it's just impossible and a very bad idea?
P.S. Location of the uni doesn't matter.
Thank you
(edited 6 years ago)
Is there a reason you're thinking about doing two degrees concurrently? Even if there's a university that lets you do that, the workload would become almost impossible to manage. Why not finish your degree first then do an MSc.
Reply 2
Original post by Duncan2012
Is there a reason you're thinking about doing two degrees concurrently? Even if there's a university that lets you do that, the workload would become almost impossible to manage. Why not finish your degree first then do an MSc.

Well, there is a reason, but I don't want to dive into details of it here. MCs is an option, but can I do MSc in any of those with a BCs in Comp Science? Also the unis I've contacted so far had no problems with me already pursuing another degree.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Xander_K
Well, there is a reason, but I don't want to dive into details of it here. MCs is an option, but can I do MSc in any of those with a BCs in Comp Science?

Well, without knowing what your reason is, I'll say 'bad idea'.

You'll have to search for those yourself, but I would be surprised if there weren't a few MSc courses which you could do with a CompSci BSc.

What is it you want to do career-wise?
Reply 4
Original post by Duncan2012

You'll have to search for those yourself, but I would be surprised if there weren't a few MSc courses which you could do with a CompSci BSc.

Absolutely, but not exactly in engineering (correct me if I'm wrong)

As for career, won't name an exact job title, for I'm not sure yet, but something that involves both hardware and software (mechanics and programming), like robotics...

Quick Reply

Latest