The Student Room Group

NEVER been approached by a guy- does his mean i'm ugly?

I'm 23 years old and have never had a guy approach me before or have a crush on me (that I know of).
I'm definitely not ugly, I take care of myself (go to the gym, wear appropriate makeup, dress well, smell nice etc) and am generally pretty confident in terms of how I look.
However, since I've never had any guy around my age like me it really makes me doubt myself. I've had comments from other women and older men over how 'pretty' I am yet my crush at work acts like I don't even exist.
I'm generally friendly and definitely not attractive to the point where it's intimidating, so I know that isn't the reason. I also don't tend to go out clubbing etc so perhaps that may be the reason? I'm from london so strangers don't tend to talk to one another unless necessary.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 23 years old and have never had a guy approach me before or have a crush on me (that I know of).
I'm definitely not ugly, I take care of myself (go to the gym, wear appropriate makeup, dress well, smell nice etc) and am generally pretty confident in terms of how I look.
However, since I've never had any guy around my age like me it really makes me doubt myself. I've had comments from other women and older men over how 'pretty' I am yet my crush at work acts like I don't even exist.
I'm generally friendly and definitely not attractive to the point where it's intimidating, so I know that isn't the reason. I also don't tend to go out clubbing etc so perhaps that may be the reason? I'm from london so strangers don't tend to talk to one another unless necessary.

us guys are ****ing shy nowadays its probably that
Reply 2

It's a surprise, I agree with the other reply that guys are more shy nowadays but it'll probably be that most girls are shallow and only care about looks and perfection so guys won't approach you because they assume that they'll be rejected.

its probably just because of london then
Reply 4
lol wtf? You want guys to approach you randomly in public? Most guys who do that get labelled creeps by girls.

And that rarely happens in London (as a fellow Londoner I can confirm)

Here's a bright idea. Why don't you initiate a conversation with a guy you're interested in as opposed to waiting for everything to magically fall into place? :holmes: i.e. your crush at work. He can't read your mind FFS, how is he supposed to know you like him.
(edited 6 years ago)
Try online dating?
Reply 6
Get on Tinder, you'll get plenty of attention on there, no doubt.
Original post by eden3
lol wtf? You want guys to approach you randomly in public? Most guys who do that get labelled creeps by girls.

And that rarely happens in London (as a fellow Londoner I can confirm)

Here's a bright idea. Why don't you initiate a conversation with a guy you're interested in as opposed to waiting for everything to magically fall into place? :holmes: i.e. your crush at work. He can't read your mind FFS, how is he supposed to know you like him.

Yes, I agree with this ****.
Why is it that guys always need to make the first move? Its not that abnormal for a woman to do it imo.

Guys are shy af now as we almost always get rejected, if a guy asks 100 women out after a quick chat then maybe 3 would say yes, if a woman asked 100 guys out after a quick chat then maybe or more 50 would say yes. (if it was the same convo and they were equally as attractive, also depends on other things, but stil ya get my point).

If a dude looks at a girl then he's usually labeled a weirdo, when a girl looks at a guy then she's flirty.

It's something like guys like the top 80% of women and women like the top 20% of guys (idk how true this is but it's in a lot of articles), I'd personally be thrilled if a girl I found attractive came up to me as that'd be a huge boost of confidence, women are always called "cute" "hot" etc by their family and friends, *js, family don't usually say "hot" they more say "that dress looks amazing on you" or something along those lines. But a guy almost NEVER gets called anything along those lines, that's why we're not confident sometimes and also why were afraid to approach people, since we don't get told by others that were attractive then we don't see ourselves as such.
That is very strange. Most likely you're just not as attractive as you think.
Original post by angrypoliceman
us guys are ****ing shy nowadays its probably that

That's why I like older men, they're from the men-approach generation :u:
Approaching someone at work is always difficult because you still have to see them every day (whether they reject you or it goes well and then fizzles out).
Do you do social stuff, clubs/sports/etc where you might meet people in social situations?

You answered your won question right there. But yeah, going out clubbing will definitely mean that you get approached more, 100%. Also, get on Tinder or other apps of the same ilk - you'll be sure to get a lot of attention there, too.

I get the whole 'you'll break a lot of hearts' rubbish from older generations, too, lol.

You got this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending