The Student Room Group

I need some advice, I got spiked.

So basically on Saturday I went to a few clubs and had a few pints - got quite tipsy but still in control and was wise enough still. We then moved into a pub which was having a little party, anyways getting to the story.. I bought a pint inside this pub we entered and I desperately had to go to the toilet. So I left my drink outside near the toilet bit on a table.

As soon as I came out, I picked up my pint and walked off to my friends. I sat down, and around 20 minutes something hit me. I started to feel very dizzy and I was very blurred. I couldn't remember anything after this but my friends said that a girl came up to me and kissed me, and checked my wallet (which had my id in) they managed to tell the girl to go away. Luckily that night my friends took me in a taxi home. In the morning, I woke up and could only remember walking into the pub. I messaged my friend and said "I can't remember last night at all, what happened & was it good?" my friend responded "A girl kissed you" my heart dropped. I'm not a cheat and I'm a loyal guy, I rang up my mother for advice because I was so scared to lose my girlfriend.

A few hours later, this girl who targetted me whilst I was spiked, she had managed to find my Facebook, find who my girlfriend was and manage to message her saying that I cheated on my girlfriend. I knew something had happened when texting my girlfriend as she just went silent, and then called herself a mug for loving me. She said it was a mistake ever getting with me, said I'm a cheat and that it was my fault for getting spiked. She then dumped me and blocked me off of everything.

I just want some of your opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Go to the police.
Reply 2
Original post by -Mathematician-
Go to the police.

I don't know who it is.
At least you didn't get raped
Reply 4
Original post by smartboy..
At least you didn't get raped

But I lost the girl I love. I am now called a cheater, a disgrace.
I definitely don't think you're a cheat. You were a victim of it, and you're just lucky that she didn't try and take anything of yours whilst you were subdued. I think you should report it to the police as the pub may have CCTV that they can look through to identify the girl. As for your girlfriend, you should try and explain to her, and if she doesn't listen then reporting it to the police will help prove it wasn't on purpose.
Original post by Certatus
But I lost the girl I love. I am now called a cheater, a disgrace.

Did you explain to her you were spiked?
This is why drinking in the first place is useless and stupid imo.
I don't know who it is.

It was still a crime, CCTV may be available.
Reply 9
Original post by smartboy..
Did you explain to her you were spiked?

I have tried everything in the books, I have begged and begged and she still claims that I have cheated.
Original post by Dragon5555
This is why drinking in the first place is useless and stupid imo.

That’s just narrow minded and uncalled for. If you have nothing constructive to say, what’s the point?
Reply 11
If you don't know who this girl is, you say she added you on Facebook? Ask her if she knew about your drink getting spiked, or even get one of your friends to ask her if you don't think she'd say it to you. That might lead you to the reason you got spiked, and why you did. With that, you can go to the police and hopefully get some justice for it. As for your girlfriend, you could get your friends to explain what happened in detail - even without you there so she knows that you're telling the truth and you didn't cheat at all. I hope this helps. Good luck.
Reply 12
Original post by xEmilyxx
I definitely don't think you're a cheat. You were a victim of it, and you're just lucky that she didn't try and take anything of yours whilst you were subdued. I think you should report it to the police as the pub may have CCTV that they can look through to identify the girl. As for your girlfriend, you should try and explain to her, and if she doesn't listen then reporting it to the police will help prove it wasn't on purpose.

I will try gathering CCTV footage although it was extremely packed from what I can remember, she still classed it as cheating as "her lips touched mine."
I have tried everything in the books, I have begged and begged and she still claims that I have cheated.

Do you have a mutual friend who can talk on your behalf? Perhaps talking to you, she hasn't had the time to think things through properly. If she gets a second opinion she might come around.

Or just give her time.
Reply 14
Original post by amberxc
If you don't know who this girl is, you say she added you on Facebook? Ask her if she knew about your drink getting spiked, or even get one of your friends to ask her if you don't think she'd say it to you. That might lead you to the reason you got spiked, and why you did. With that, you can go to the police and hopefully get some justice for it. As for your girlfriend, you could get your friends to explain what happened in detail - even without you there so she knows that you're telling the truth and you didn't cheat at all. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Unfortunately, this girl who targetted me messaged my ex (my girlfriend before this kicked off.) Now I have no contact with her, nor do my friends as I have tried getting them to explain too.

I will try and get in contact with the pub as stated above but I honestly feel that my ex will never speak to me again.
Reply 15
I don't know who it is.

Doesn't matter hon, you need to report it. Your girlfriend will have her name if she messaged her, and you can use that.

That might also help convince your girlfriend that it wasn't your fault and you had no idea and genuinely couldn't remember a thing. Good luck
Reply 16
Original post by cheesecakelove
Do you have a mutual friend who can talk on your behalf? Perhaps talking to you, she hasn't had the time to think things through properly. If she gets a second opinion she might come around.

Or just give her time.

I'll try giving her time to think but knowing her and the way she is, I highly doubt I'd get a response out of her.
Time heals well.
Something like this happened to a mate of mine when we were in Ibiza, he is the sort of guy that would never cheat on his girlfriend, completely loyal guy, sure he’d be polite and talk to other girls, not completely ignore them, but that’s as fast as he’d go.
Anyway he got spiked and before you know it he’s getting off with another girl, we managed to get him off and pull him away but he doesn’t remember anything, it’s to do with the drugs that you’re given, most of them cause euphoria which ultimately makes you feel good and start making out with everyone you can which is what happened, my honest advice would be to get on of your girlfriends friends to explain to her that drugs do this and it want your choice.

Hope this helps
Reply 19
The pub's a good option - see if they have CCTV and hopefully you can find the people behind this and get help.
Unfortunately, this girl who targetted me messaged my ex (my girlfriend before this kicked off.) Now I have no contact with her, nor do my friends as I have tried getting them to explain too.

I will try and get in contact with the pub as stated above but I honestly feel that my ex will never speak to me again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending