The Student Room Group

Funding university

Hey all!

I was wondering if you could help.

I went to uni in 2011. I dropped out a few months before my third year for personal reasons. Now at 26 I want to return to uni and finish my degree at the same university.

My issue is finance though, in my first year I got no student finance as I came straight from living in Greece. I got student finance in second year but only covering tuition fees, same for third year. I've been living in England for the last six years now and it'll be seven once I start my degree

My questions as requested as follows

1) would I be eligible for student finance?
2) if so what would they cover?
3) would I be eligible for any grants and maintenance loans or just tuition fees,?

Thanks so much guys!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Gianab91
Hey all!

I was wondering if you could help.

I went to uni in 2011. I dropped out a few months before my third year for personal reasons. Now at 26 I want to return to uni and finish my degree at the same university.

My issue is finance though, in my first year I got no student finance as I came straight from living in Greece. I got student finance in second year but only covering tuition fees, same for third year. I've been living in England for the last six years now and it'll be seven once I start my degree

My questions as requested as follows

1) would I be eligible for student finance?
2) if so what would they cover?
3) would I be eligible for any grants and maintenance loans or just tuition fees,?

Thanks so much guys!

So that's 3 full years at university and part of a year?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
So that's 3 full years at university and part of a year?

I didn't do the three full years. I dropped out a few months before my degree finished. It's a three year course and I dropped out at the end.
I didn't do the three full years. I dropped out a few months before my degree finished. It's a three year course and I dropped out at the end.

And you had a year abroad?
Reply 4
And you had a year abroad?

I was living in Greece before my studies. So I moved to England in 2011 and I have been here since. I didn't do a year abroad or anything.
I was living in Greece before my studies. So I moved to England in 2011 and I have been here since. I didn't do a year abroad or anything.

It's possible they ll allow you a years funding but you d have to prove you failed the year due to personal reasons I think. You won't know until you call student finance, will the university let you continue third year as some have a limit on the time you can go back
Reply 6
It's possible they ll allow you a years funding but you d have to prove you failed the year due to personal reasons I think. You won't know until you call student finance, will the university let you continue third year as some have a limit on the time you can go back

I didn't fail the year I just dropped out. And was looking to carry on with my third year. I'm applying now via UCAS and have contacted the uni and they said to proceed with my application so I'm presuming there's no issues I pick up my studies where I left off from.

So best bet is to ring them then?
I didn't fail the year I just dropped out. And was looking to carry on with my third year. I'm applying now via UCAS and have contacted the uni and they said to proceed with my application so I'm presuming there's no issues I pick up my studies where I left off from.

So best bet is to ring them then?

Yes definitely ring them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending