The Student Room Group

University

Currently 2ndyear student nurse, any questions about personal statement, applications, interviews or uni life, Ask Awayy!
Which university are you at?
Original post by shayy16
Currently 2ndyear student nurse, any questions about personal statement, applications, interviews or uni life, Ask Awayy!

Interviews. How do you prepare? lol.

x
Reply 3
Original post by Amy. J S
Interviews. How do you prepare? lol.

x

Hey Amy,

May I know which course you're applying for. Every universities have different layout of interviews. Usually if its for nursing they do numeracy and literacy test which you can pass with flying colours lol.
As for interviews, don't sweat it because tbh they're all legit basic questions, if you know what you're gonna say and can rely on past experiences when asked for examples then you'll ace it.
The most important questions they'll ask are:
1) Why nursing
2) or why that specific field (if you're doing adult) why not child?
3) Any experiences you have related to the course
4) Difficult situation and how you've overcome it
5) They may give you a scenario and ask you how you'd deal with it or what do you see wrong in that scenario (could be any q's)

OHHH and to prepare, just use flash cards or ask someone to ask those questions to you, it helps a lot that way and instead of memorising, understand it. Anyhow im rambling lol ok good luckkkk !
Hope that answered your question x
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by MonoMikey
Which university are you at?

City, University of London
Original post by shayy16
City, University of London

Oh very nice! I considered applying there but changed it last minute xD
Reply 6
What would be the best advice in the style of writing your personal statement? (Philosophy from my perspective)
Reply 7
Original post by MonoMikey
Oh very nice! I considered applying there but changed it last minute xD

oh haha where'd you choose ?
Reply 8
Original post by Jackahz
What would be the best advice in the style of writing your personal statement? (Philosophy from my perspective)

TBH as long as its clear that you show an understanding and knowledge to the course you're applying for, it's fine whichever style you choose to write. Mine was academic plus a couple of slangs here and there ngl lol
Reply 9
Original post by shayy16
TBH as long as its clear that you show an understanding and knowledge to the course you're applying for, it's fine whichever style you choose to write. Mine was academic plus a couple of slangs here and there ngl lol

haha thanks, trying to get help from my sister but she's telling me to finish 1st draft ah
Reply 10
Original post by Jackahz
haha thanks, trying to get help from my sister but she's telling me to finish 1st draft ah

Don't sweat it, just go with the flow, include you experiences and things like that but remember to keep within ONE A4 page only and write it in a style where the reader won't get bored of reading. Basically a very good presentation. All the best !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending