The Student Room Group

Uni stress

What can I do with grades BBB in A Levels of Media Studies, History and Film Studies. Would really like to do university but really unsure on courses and uni's :/
Reply 1
Original post by Marley1999
What can I do with grades BBB in A Levels of Media Studies, History and Film Studies. Would really like to do university but really unsure on courses and uni's :/

You should pick what you find the most interesting to you, do not just pick a subject because a friend or family member told you to, this is your future and thus you should do what you enjoy :smile:

Also you should check rankings for universities and their courses and maybe have a look at some of the modules that they teach.

Good luck !
Reply 2
i'm at an arts uni that does film and moving image courses for applicants with grades BBB or higher. if you wanted to go into that field, i'd definitely recommend here!
Reply 3
Original post by Jackahz
You should pick what you find the most interesting to you, do not just pick a subject because a friend or family member told you to, this is your future and thus you should do what you enjoy :smile:

Also you should check rankings for universities and their courses and maybe have a look at some of the modules that they teach.

Good luck !

Thank you, I wanted to do a film degree as I love film and loved studying it at A Level but my parents were worried about the lack of jobs in that area and that it will close doors, other ideas were Primary Education because I've done some experience and enjoyed it too :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by PeaTea
i'm at an arts uni that does film and moving image courses for applicants with grades BBB or higher. if you wanted to go into that field, i'd definitely recommend here!

Okay thank you :smile: Which Uni is it if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 5
Thank you, I wanted to do a film degree as I love film and loved studying it at A Level but my parents were worried about the lack of jobs in that area and that it will close doors, other ideas were Primary Education because I've done some experience and enjoyed it too :smile:

If you have a passion for film then pursue it my friend! There are many things that you can do with film, think ahead.

Why do you want to go to university? I'm a first year doing Electronics & CompSci at Edinburgh and trust me, it hasn't been fun and games so far.

You don't need a degree in Film to work in the film industry, by the way... Surely with something like film, you're better off trying to get some practical experience working as a runner on a set and climbing the ladder that way?
(edited 6 years ago)
I'd consider looking at the WhichUni website. You can filter courses by grades, area of the country and start to get an idea of where you could go. Then I'd recommend going on open days to get a feel for the campus and city/town

(Also, I know Leeds Beckett does a lot of Media based courses, and they are around the BBB entry)
Reply 8
Okay thank you :smile: Which Uni is it if you don't mind me asking?

I'm at NUA (Norwich University of the Arts) which is a top 5 arts uni in the uk. it's a great place, i'm in my first year (literally only been here a month) but i love it.
but there are lots of places for film degrees, and despite the idea of lack of jobs or anything, if you really love it, you're talented enough, and you want to succeed, you can get a job in whatever field you want. don't let something like that put you off going where you want to go.
alternatively, primary ed is a great field, people are always looking for new teachers, but there IS a reason for that. teaching is super tough.

i suggest looking for arts unis or just any unis on ucas (or google or something) that has good student satisfaction ratings for their film courses and had industry links to help you get a job in your field. my uni has both (of course :tongue:) but there are many out there. have fun, and don't rule anything out too soon.
good luck!!

p.s. my uni's website: http://www.nua.ac.uk/bafilmandmip/
Simple question should solve your problems: what's your career plan?:holmes:

PS I'm moving your thread into this sub-forum so that you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.:smile:
Reply 10
Original post by 04MR17
Simple question should solve your problems: what's your career plan?:holmes:

PS I'm moving your thread into this sub-forum so that you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.:smile:

04MR17 the great thread transporter
Think of your career first, don't go for the sake of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending