The Student Room Group

Can i see what my referee has said about me?

Would be interested to find out what my referee said about me, as it was a teacher from my old school, and I am now applying as a mature student.
We were liaising over email with a 5 hour time difference, it's been slow, but they have some background info on what I've been doing for the last few years to know what to write and obviously know what I studied.

I can obviously email and ask to see what was submitted out of curiosity, i was just wondering if its possible to see in tracker.

Thanks
Reply 1
My understanding is that you don't have any right to see your reference unless its disclosed by your referee.
I think you can see it after your application is over by paying ucas
Reply 3
Hi I just wanted to ask when you write a reference to be sent of to universities does your form tutor have to write your reference or can it be somebody from outside of school like a tutor or can it be a teacher that you may prefer or like inside of school
It depends I think, my referee said he would only show me once the whole process was over, maybe if i came back to visit after a year or so at uni.

Original post by B-122
Hi I just wanted to ask when you write a reference to be sent of to universities does your form tutor have to write your reference or can it be somebody from outside of school like a tutor or can it be a teacher that you may prefer or like inside of school

At my school it was my form tutor but people applying elsewhere (US) requested other subject teachers as well
Reply 5
Original post by marshalld67
Would be interested to find out what my referee said about me, as it was a teacher from my old school, and I am now applying as a mature student.
We were liaising over email with a 5 hour time difference, it's been slow, but they have some background info on what I've been doing for the last few years to know what to write and obviously know what I studied.

I can obviously email and ask to see what was submitted out of curiosity, i was just wondering if its possible to see in tracker.

Thanks

To request a copy of the personal information we hold about you please send your request in writing to: Customer Experience Centre at UCAS, Rosehill, New Barn Lane, Cheltenham, Glos. GL52 3LZ. There is a fee of £10 for this service: make your cheque payable to UCAS, and include it with your letter.
Reply 6
Original post by B-122

It depends on your circumstances. Usually, you'll use a reference from your current school/college - but if you've left and are resitting you could use your private tutor if you wished. If you do use a referee from your school/college, they will have their own policies on how the person is chosen. Many schools will ask all your teachers to write a paragraph each, which is combined into the final reference. Other schools will get your form teacher to write it, and others may ask the teacher of the subject you're applying for (eg if you're applying for maths, your maths teacher would write it).
Reply 7
Original post by marshalld67

Thanks

Just ask your referee.

As Juno mentioned you can request it direct from UCAS for a small fee, but if you ask your referee there's really no reason for them not to send it to you.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending